alternator bracket?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
i have a 70 rb 440, with a alum water pump housing, was on there when i got it, anyway it has a alt bracket thats used for an ac car. i bought a alt bracket kit for a non ac car, and the triangle mounting hole at one corner is too short, looks like it needed to be longer, do i buy the right one or add a piece to make it fit, looks like everything else will work...must be the water pump housing that is different....

i have a 70 rb 440, with a alum water pump housing, was on there when i got it, anyway it has a alt bracket thats used for an ac car. i bought a alt bracket kit for a non ac car, and the triangle mounting hole at one corner is too short, looks like it needed to be longer, do i buy the right one or add a piece to make it fit, looks like everything else will work...must be the water pump housing that is different....
first pic is what i bought, second pic is what i need...
4.jpg
2.jpg

I have used that 1st kit on every bb I’ve built. Left or right lower hose housing. Cast or aluminum. Do u have a pic of how it dont work. I’m curious. Kim

the one i needed was for a 66 and eairlier 440 the right side of the triangle mount is longer, the 67 and later triangle the right side mount is shorter. see pics.
2.jpg
4.jpg

-
Back