aluminum magnum heads?

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Anyone got ideas on where and how to get a descent aluminum head before the end of July? Needed for my 90 360 (pre) Magnum, using Chevy rockers and oil thru pushrods.

Define 'decent'....

Edelbrock is the only contender I know of. I'm not sure if they still make em.

I have been looking at the Trick Flows but, they use the LA style shaft mount rockers.
You can use the trick flows on the magnum engine. You just have to use rocker arms that allow push rod oiling. I have a set of the trick flows on my 2000 360 magnum and I am useing a comp 550 lift solid cam.

I have roller rockers too, the pushrods are oiled through them.
Sorry, not familiar with the magnum stuff.

They can and do, but @mopar65 is most likely using Magnum roller lifters and thus the reason for the oil through push rods and rockers!
Hi. I am useing Howard's EDP soild flat tappet lifters that allow oil through lifters. That way I can run LA heads on my magnum block.

I have roller rockers too, the pushrods are oiled through them.
Sorry, not familiar with the magnum stuff.
The newer magnum block like I have doesn't have the oil hole drilled in the block for the LA rocker shaft oiling. So to use the trickflow heads on my block I had to switch to push rod oiling. Also I am useing PRW 1.6 bullet steel roller rockers. Now if you can find a early 360 magnum block, it has the oil hole in the deck

Hi. I am useing Howard's EDP soild flat tappet lifters that allow oil through lifters. That way I can run LA heads on my magnum block.
Thst was soposed to say EDM lifters. They have a very tinny hole in the bottom of the lifter and it sends pressured oil to the cam lobe.

Anyone got ideas on where and how to get a descent aluminum head before the end of July? Needed for my 90 360 (pre) Magnum, using Chevy rockers and oil thru pushrods.
Oops sorry I missed wear you said your block is not a magnum block. I woukd just buy a set of the trick flow heads and your are ready to go.

I am using roller lifters and roller cam, what rocker setup would i need to use the trickflow? Would I need to Clearance the the pushrod holes also?

I have the same. No clearancing for 5/16".
I think that I could have even used 3/8".
1.6 rockers, Hills pushrods

ok, i guess im confused, How does the pushrod oil the rocker and shaft area? What rockers will I need? I have 1.6 Hughes stud mounted rockers right now.

ok, my block even though its pre magnum does not have the oil passage (tapped and plugged) for the shaft oiling, it comes through the cam journals to the pushrods. would that matter?

This doesn't make sense. He got an LA block and wants to put magnum heads on it?

ok, my block even though its pre magnum does not have the oil passage (tapped and plugged) for the shaft oiling, it comes through the cam journals to the pushrods. would that matter?

You use a ball/ball pushrod that has oiling through it and it will get oil from the lifter, through the pushrod and to the adjuster, which has a hole either drilled or EDM’d through it, which lines up with an oil passage in the rocker which oils the shafts.

You use a ball/ball pushrod that has oiling through it and it will get oil from the lifter, through the pushrod and to the adjuster, which has a hole either drilled or EDM’d through it, which lines up with an oil passage in the rocker which oils the shafts.
thank you, now I got it. So is there a bolt on and run it kit?

-
Back