AM FM stereo old school to fit 1975 Duster factory facia

-

340fourspeedDuster

Reaction score
Suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to install a stereo that I DO NOT have to butcher the facia of the Duster. Anyone have ideas or examples of a unit that would fit?
Thanks in Advance

IMG_2800.jpg

There is a company called Custom Auto Sound or you could purchase a old radio with the two knobs from ebay

The fascia pictured has already been butchered so there are probably a lot of aftermarket stereos (tape deck units) from the 1980's and early '90's that would fit that opening.

Add an aux input to the working factory box and plug in your mp3 when you want it. Easy!

Ebay. I actually found this radio pretty quick. It was the exact one my dad had in a different duster in the 80's. I believe it was 60.00 and was never taken out of the box except to list it for auction. My picture is not great but this might give you an idea of what is out there. I enjoy my music but for this car it is all I need....

JW

062.jpg

Build Your Own Radio – RetroSound

I got their cheapest $170 stereo and it rules. You can pick the knobs you want too. Their website leaves something to be desired, especially when browsing knobs. I emailed them and called them to figure out exactly what I wanted.

-
Back