Am i asking for trouble?

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hellooooo FABO!
in an attempt to keep fuel lines away from exhaust, i have run the lines this way. I'm thinking of building a box around the filter to protect it in case of rear U joint failure. I have another option but it runs the lines closer (@1") from axle over exhaust pipe. The U joint is forward of filter, but not much, and the drive line potentially could slide out of back of trans a little during the anomily. Whaddaya think gurus?
161059187737182232359.jpg

things are a little different right now with a mini tub and 3" exhaust, but i will look up where they ran it and see if that's a good option..

THANKS MH!

Yes, the factory way will bring it closer to the exhaust. Might be better though.

I ran mine over to the P-side and outside the rear frame stub, then into the front stub under the passenger seat. Pretty much where the factory had it. I tucked up the large capacity EFI filter just ahead of the spring mounting bracket.The filter was new in about 2001, lol. HO Mopar mechanical pump.

Hellooooo FABO!
in an attempt to keep fuel lines away from exhaust, i have run the lines this way. I'm thinking of building a box around the filter to protect it in case of rear U joint failure. I have another option but it runs the lines closer (@1") from axle over exhaust pipe. The U joint is forward of filter, but not much, and the drive line potentially could slide out of back of trans a little during the anomily. Whaddaya think gurus? View attachment 1715669796

Hideous picture. Pull back some so we can see all the surroundings and we can give some better recommendations.

Hideous picture. Pull back some so we can see all the surroundings and we can give some better recommendations.

Sorry, the art director was let go due to budget cuts. I'll try again tonight. I'm getting the feeling that the stock route is the way to go although it will put my filter closer to the exhaust.

Thanks RRR!

-
Back