Am I being played

-
Sorry to read Kim, what site was it? I know I ain't the only one that wants to know lol.
I only buy/sell here, and Kijiji. Had 1 maybe 2 issues. A set of 340 hipo manifolds that were never shipped to me.
Prick was from here too. I called him out and reluctantly sent me a refund and a smartass response.

Sorry to read Kim, what site was it? I know I ain't the only one that wants to know lol.
I only buy/sell here, and Kijiji. Had 1 maybe 2 issues. A set of 340 hipo manifolds that were never shipped to me.
Prick was from here too. I called him out and reluctantly sent me a refund and a smartass response.
I get kinda Leary buying a large item money wise unless I trust the seller.

Also I will risk 50.00 uninsured. Most of the time I insure parts I ship at my cost. I just sent 800.00 worth of parts to a member in 4 separate large flat rate boxes. I paid for the insurance on all of them.

Biggest ticket item(I think) I bought here was a fender for our 69 cuda from A56. Good guy, and he held onto it for a couple years for me lol. All said and done close to $1k CDN.
I get kinda Leary buying a large item money wise unless I trust the seller.

Also I will risk 50.00 uninsured. Most of the time I insure parts I ship at my cost. I just sent 800.00 worth of parts to a member in 4 separate large flat rate boxes. I paid for the insurance on all of them.
Oh and they all 4 made it to him. Thank God.

Oh and they all 4 made it to him. Thank God.
That’s great. When I shipped the Cuda grill I wasn’t even worried. He was gonna ship ups, I told him not to because of the brokerage and 2 other taxes we pay up here. $154.00 thru ups.Check usps please. $318.00 thru usps. He ate all the shipping as he didn’t want me to pay all the fee’s. I was blown away. I told him I would pay 1/2 the shipping. No he say, just put them to good use. He is the guy I wanted the other guy to ship the chrome pieces to. Kim

That’s great. When I shipped the Cuda grill I wasn’t even worried. He was gonna ship ups, I told him not to because of the brokerage and 2 other taxes we pay up here. $154.00 thru ups.Check usps please. $318.00 thru usps. He ate all the shipping as he didn’t want me to pay all the fee’s. I was blown away. I told him I would pay 1/2 the shipping. No he say, just put them to good use. He is the guy I wanted the other guy to ship the chrome pieces to. Kim
Kinda restores my faith in humanity to hear this.

Yep no parts ship until payment is received, unless I know you.....and even then.....

Yep no parts ship until payment is received, unless I know you.....and even then.....

To ALL of the above ; why I never sell or buy unless thru paypal , no friends and family either , I`m too poor to take a hit anymore !

From a buyers perspective....

I recently found an e-body vert windshield frame online. Guy reached out about a year ago and said he had one, then when I asked for a price, things went quiet. Fast forward, and a couple of months ago, he pops his head up and asks me if I have found one yet. The last one has sold pretty quick and he and his partner had another one they got as partial payment for a job. Pictures showed it to be clean, then he tells me to deal with his buddy in MA... hmm... ok, I'll play along.. Got a ton of pictures, lots of cooperation and the first guy seemed to have a good standing on the site.

After carefully considering potential issues, limiting my risk and pulling the trigger, I sent a chest full of money to people I didn't know from Adam. Talk about pucker factor..... a week later, I have the ws frame it's one step closer to starting my vert resto.

I guess my point is, sometimes I just gotta go with a feeling and a little due diligence or the deal is gone. Thankfully, I was able to talk to some mods on the site and get some solid opinions. Worked out for me.

I still say, there are way more honest people in this world than crooks......

Makes you feel good to meet good people.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe but theres that old saying 1 bad apple ruins the bunch . I have never sold anything on here yet but i have bought quite a few things .
I'm sorry this happened to you Kim @oldkimmer As much as I'm on this site I feel like I know you and a Lot of you guys buy and sell stuff as a business to help your income And instead of buying from the big Box stores I tried to help you guys out and buy stuff from you when I can. So when it comes down To guys Like Kim and Roy @SGBARRACUDA That would bend over backwards to help you Well it's too bad this happened hopefully it's like sublime one Said maybe this guy' Has worse problems than some of us. enough of my rant thanks for listening.

I believe ppl can and do have unexpected problems. Life often gets in the way. It doesn’t take long to reply to a message. Or if ur like me and sometimes forget that first time but not a few more times after. Kim

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe but theres that old saying 1 bad apple ruins the bunch . I have never sold anything on here yet but i have bought quite a few things .
I'm sorry this happened to you Kim @oldkimmer As much as I'm on this site I feel like I know you and a Lot of you guys buy and sell stuff as a business to help your income And instead of buying from the big Box stores I tried to help you guys out and buy stuff from you when I can. So when it comes down To guys Like Kim and Roy @SGBARRACUDA That would bend over backwards to help you Well it's too bad this happened hopefully it's like sublime one Said maybe this guy' Has worse problems than some of us. enough of my rant thanks for listening.

I tend to go with the 10% rule. 10 at the top and 10 at the bottom. As long as you avoid the bottom feeders, you're probably alright.

I have only gotten two or three items from FABO site. One item that I got burned on, wasn't even for my car. When I figured that out, and called him, he got somewhat huffy.
Said he would give me a partial refund after returning the parts, which he did, but it cost me about $70. to find that out. Plus my trouble and anxiety. I'm with ya Kim, seems like I know you from your postings here.
Hang in there, try not to let the Basturds get ya down. Remember when you were a kid in the winter, walking on thin lake ice?

I have sold a lot of stuff on line and done quite a few refunds. I NEVER returned the money before I got the parts back. I know the guy on the other side might be thinking he does not want to send the parts back before he gets the money, but for me, no refund until I get the parts back. I would probably change my mind for a fellow FABO member, but not for a stranger.

Unfortunately, just because they are Fabo member, doesn't mean that they are golden, hate to say that. It was a Fabo member that got me.

-
Back