Amber Green Dragways & Anoka, MN Racing?

-

71GSSDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My Dad used to race my Demon at both A/G and Anoka strips back in the 70's. Anyone on here race there back then? I have been trying to find a pic of the car from then. Even just in the background. For a while Dad had a tunnel ram on the 340 with a huge homemade scoop. Then later when he changed to the 440, they announced it over the loudspeaker about a 440 in a Demon - much to many's dismay, it was just orange and dirty, not a show boat engine. I see both have FB pages, I don't do social media except here.

Here are a few pics from then

Dad's Demon 2.jpg

Dad's Demon Engine.jpg

Changing Tires Demon.jpg

Resized952020042295133447 (002).jpg

There is a FB page called High and Mighty that a FABO member started, lots local MN vintage drag car pictures posted there. Also there is a FB page for Minnesota Dragway, ots of cool stuff on those pages. Plenty of people post up their old pictures and ask for info on cars like yours!

Thanks Keith. I am trying to avoid joining book face but at some point may have to. I know there is an Amber Green FB page also.

Dad remembers a annual KDWB radio sponsored Drag Festival at Minnesota Dragways. He attended one of them. I am guessing 74-75 as the track closed in 76. He had the tunnel ram on the 340 still. God I would love to find a pic

Dad remembers a annual KDWB radio sponsored Drag Festival at Minnesota Dragways. He attended one of them. I am guessing 74-75 as the track closed in 76. He had the tunnel ram on the 340 still. God I would love to find a pic

I seen some pictures from those events posted on FB....maybe I’ll find them and share them here some time.

I seen some pictures from those events posted on FB....maybe I’ll find them and share them here some time.

That would be a great thread here to accompany your Street Machine/Street Freak thread. Vintage drag strip pics local tracks

Has nobody raced up at Amber Green or Rock Falls? Or even Minnesota Dragway? Anoka?

-
Back