AMD OEM Duster quarter. Anyone tried one??

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new AMD Duster quarters? Having several issues with mine not fitting very good.

Had issues on the ones for my '72 Demon, mainly they were cut short in a few areas. The drivers side went on in about a day, but the passengers side took about 2 days to get it correct, then a lot of body work to make it look factory.

You've really got to know what you're doing and where to trim and how much to trim to get they correct.

Mine is short too. Especially at the top of the door. Doesn't follow the orignal body line at all. Guess I need to make a pie cut and spread it to match and add some metal. I expected a lot better fit. Doesn't want to sit right in the wheel well area either. Just wont tuck under and match the tub at all. Really disappointed in the fit with the cost of it.

Check this out. Pretty bad fit.

Duster qtr 002 resized.jpg

Here's another pic showing the misalignment of the B pillar body line. Also have to take a 1/2 slice out all the way down the botton of the rocker to make it tuck in correctly. AMD gave me back 50% of the purchase price for my disappointment in the fit.

Duster qtr 001 resized.JPG

I was in the process of trying to get a pair to fit on my 71 duster both seem stamped diffrently I was having diffrent issues with quality of fit but was blaming it on a custom trunk floor and mini-tubs, I might be better off due to my situation without trying to match up with factory metal
armament museum 010.JPG

fabo.jpg

armament museum 010.JPG

fabo.jpg

Good luck. I don't think it's your mods that are the problem. It was a definite b--tch trying to get mine to fit right. If I had known how poorly they fit I would never have bought it. I would have just used a skin. I think it would have been much easier and a whole lot cheaper.

-
Back