AMD tank and sending unit quality

-

banzaibullitt

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought AMD fuel tanks or sending units? Just checking the quality and fit of them, because I may have to bite the bullet and buy new ones for the '68 Barracuda.

Another choice is "tanksinc". I have one in a 74 Duster with the fuel pump and one in a Cuda for 7 years now with the electric pump for fuel injection and no problems at all. Duster tank about 5 years now. I love the electric pump to get gas to the carb instantly. Fuel injection in the Duster isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
If you have the original sending unit, find reputable rebuilder to rebuild it. Try not to use the aftermarket lock rings as they are thinner than OEM and do not seal well.

Last edited:
I bought one of their tanks for my 72 Dart. No issues with it. It is a little different than factory though. The factory tank was smooth along the bottom half where the AMD tank has strips stamped into them. I painted mine this color too. It was a galvanized finish when I received it.

tank install.jpg

I bought a new sending unit from Plumcrazygarage in Australia after reading about the ones we can get here that don't work properly. Even though they say it's pre-calibrated, I still had to adjust the float (bending the float arm down moves the gauge needle up and vise versa) to get the gauge to read properly.

When I went electric fuel pump, I ordered the whole thing from Tanks Inc. Looks factory, reasonable price. Highly recommend them!

-
Back