another bulklhead wire question

-

eccentricMagpies

Reaction score
little trouble with the wire harness... should I be removing this completely from within the inside or shouldn't it simply free from here??

Seems several wires just don't come along with the clip/fastener/whatever it's called....

023-1.jpg

Yeah you have problems there, looks like some of the connections have welded/ corroded together

The main connector is released when you release the clips you see in the engine bay, then you can push it into the interior of the car

Read this article:

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

I had to rewire most of my barracuda for some of the same reasons. they make the proper connectors. they are weatherpac 56 connectors or packard 56

NAPA stores carry the wire terminals. If the plastic is melted , someone here will have good used. Each of the 3 is different and not interchangable though. Good luck with it.

Yeah you have problems there, looks like some of the connections have welded/ corroded together

The main connector is released when you release the clips you see in the engine bay, then you can push it into the interior of the car

Read this article:

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

good link.

yeah, i'll push it through the front then. At least I'll be able to see it better to see what exactly is going on with it.

It looks as if someone has drilled out the brass connectors, and several wire pass through the connector uninterrupted to the dash. You will need to find where those continuous conductors go, disconnect them, and pull the wire back through the connector.

New bulkhead connectors and or individual sections of the connector are available at Year One, and other places if you decide to return electrical system to factory configuration.

This is why I don’t like the “through wire method” of repair, it is a PIA to work on after the fact.

-
Back