Another console mounting thread

-

desmo900

Reaction score
There are a lot of threads on this but not a lot of definitive information in regards to placement of brackets in non-console cars.

Do the front and rear brackets go in the same location for both auto and manual cars?

I understand that the middle bracket is not used with a manual transmission set-up. There is a decent video in a thread with measurements but it is for an automatic.

put the brackets on the console and set it in the car, you can figure out where it goes w/ a little patience.

Thanks. The trouble is the tranny and shifter are not installed yet and I need to get the brackets tacked done before we do some interior work. I'll probably try to reckon it through the measurements and then ground truth by attaching brackets to console as you suggested.

Positioning the console in a manual trans build isn't nearly as critical as when in a automatic build. The sliding blind in the automatic shifter wont last very long if/when the shifter is applying bias forces.
When I produced the console brackets, I didn't put the screw slots in them. Instead, drill point screws were provided. This made repositioning the console possible.
When OEM brackets or AMD reproductions are installed, you'll find the screws are going into those slots whether you want or not.
I do sooooo wish I could still help folks with parts, services, smart solutions. Truth is, just typing here hurts at times. Good luck to all.

-
Back