Another guy claiming 300HP

-
Well if anything its certainly a nice looking swinger. I dont hear 300hp though.

It's just talk man. Do you hear how mild that engine is?

Here. Look at this.

I think his name is Greg. He's a member over on the .org site and might be a member here. I have always really liked his car. Check out his channel. I know he used to race it. A lot. his time slips would be indicative of power made. Even that doesn't crest 300 HP to my knowledge. It's next to impossible to do with a mild to moderate naturally aspirated build.

You seem to be looking for the holy grail so you can tell all of us "ha ha I was right"......unless it's a really crazy N/A build, turbo, blower, nitrous or a combination, 300 HP ain't happenin from a slant. Even as much as you, me and the whole world might want it to. It ain't happenin.

I like how the rubber fuel line and pressure guage and clear filter are zip tied to the electric fan.

I like how the rubber fuel line and pressure guage and clear filter are zip tied to the electric fan.

You know, it had to take more time and effort to do that WAY WRONG than it would have to do it right. lol

I once critiqued a friend's soldering of some wires.
He said that when he raced rc cars, that's how the guys that won races did it.
So unless you have a 300hp slant six, Leave the man's fuel lines alone; He clearly knows what he's doing.

The fuel filter is GLASS..that thing sounds like a lawn mower put a "real" engine in it:):):)

Rusty, Greg is a friend of mine.He is very into Slant six cars and has 3 that I know of. The 69 Dart. His 68 Valiant race car called Ruster that runs 11's. And his fuel injected F body that is a daily driver. Lots of You Tube videos of his work.

it's easy to check his numbers. Just weight, e.t., trap speed. It's a bit of a hassle for me to look it up in the DC Racing manual, but there's an equation for it in there.
the gold Dart sounds like he has a cam, and I can see long tube headers, and a repro HyperPak intake w/4bbl.
the blk one sounds pretty mild to me.

Last edited:
Rusty, Greg is a friend of mine.He is very into Slant six cars and has 3 that I know of. The 69 Dart. His 68 Valiant race car called Ruster that runs 11's. And his fuel injected F body that is a daily driver. Lots of You Tube videos of his work.

Yeah I was watchin videos of the Ruster last night. Super cool.

Because it's not. It looks like a Fram or Purolator plastic filter.

They are talkin about the black car where the filter is zip tied to the fan shroud. That one is glass. But the on on Greg's little gold Dart is the clear plastic one. At least it's in the right spot. lol

I just never could get past the Slanty/Mazda-type vroom-vroom sound; especially the underhood vroom-vroom.
Popcorn in the tailpipes at idle I enjoy.
A full-boogie pass I can live with.
But as a DD, the vroom-vroom just about drove me nuts. I put a Super-quiet muffler on mine, and drove it for a couple of decades. Now it sits in the carport, body rusting away. I have moved on, and she just couldn't keep up. Alas for the vroom-vroom, Not!

They are talkin about the black car where the filter is zip tied to the fan shroud. That one is glass. But the on on Greg's little gold Dart is the clear plastic one. At least it's in the right spot. lol
Rusty, my cheapo, clear plastic fuel filter is connected about a foot and 1/2 from my carb, with my fuel pressure regulator set between my filter and carb. Does it matter, as far as performance, what should go inline first? I don't know

Why bring up this video? This video has been around for 5 years. It’s not 300hp. But it is a very nice build and a beautiful car.

The bodywork and paint is excellent on that car from what I can see. Come on guys, lets look at the bright side.

I just never could get past the Slanty/Mazda-type vroom-vroom sound; especially the underhood vroom-vroom.
Popcorn in the tailpipes at idle I enjoy.
A full-boogie pass I can live with.
But as a DD, the vroom-vroom just about drove me nuts. I put a Super-quiet muffler on mine, and drove it for a couple of decades. Now it sits in the carport, body rusting away. I have moved on, and she just couldn't keep up. Alas for the vroom-vroom, Not!

I don't think it's mazda at all. It's more like Italian sports car with an American flair. I like it. You're a dummy, as usual. lol

The bodywork and paint is excellent on that car from what I can see. Come on guys, lets look at the bright side.

Yall aren't understanding. Nobody's knocking any cars. We're trying to tell the OP how difficult it isto get a slant to produce an honest 300 HP. Impossible, actually and be able to drive it on the street with pump gas, unless it's turbo charger or supercharged. Pay attention to the conversation and don't get your feelins hurt.

Rusty, my cheapo, clear plastic fuel filter is connected about a foot and 1/2 from my carb, with my fuel pressure regulator set between my filter and carb. Does it matter, as far as performance, what should go inline first? I don't know

The little gold car's location is correct......although I wouldn't run the plastic (or glass) fuel filter in case of a crash. I would run the WIX metal fuel filter.

If you have a regulator, what I like to do is go ahead and run a return line and put the regulator in the return line. A good return system really helps with keeping temperature down with today's crappy fuel.......or any fuel for that matter.

I put a big honking metal-canister EFI filter, at the back, a HD mechanical pump at the front, and a direct, one-piece, hand formed, line from pump to carb, except for a small EFI jumper at the dual feed, which I later added for ease of carb removal.
That rear filter by now has over 125,000 miles on it. It was a lil pricey to buy, but yaknow,20 years have gone by..... so as a cost per year, it ends up being the cheapest filter I ever bought.

-
Back