Another NEW Old Mopar guy

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
Jeff here from Palmer Alaska. I've been a MOPAR guy all my life. Owned a few over the years: 67 Barracuda FB, 77 Aspen RT, 74 Powerwagon 4X4 Stepside (Warlock Clone), 76 slant 6 Duster, and now after a few decades I just picked up a nice 20 footer 70 Duster with a 360 / 727.
After some research it looks like it started life as a 318/904 base Duster but was built as it looks now near Denver CO back around the early 2000s. Bought in 2002 by a young guy going thru automotive school in the area and.. GET THIS, driven up the ALCAN to Delta Junction Alaska in Feb 2003! He kept it until 2013/4 then it went to a guy Anchorage for a few years and changed hands a couple times and now it's safely tucked in my garage in Palmer, Alaska. Now that it's winter I've started going through it, doing some little projects here and there. It's going to be a driver for sure. I'll be driven it to Church on Sundays when the weather is nice in the summer, going to (probably not entering) car shows and cruises. Just enjoying it as a weekend driver.
Pioneer Peak.jpg
Garage1.jpg
Interior1.jpg
360-2.jpg
Rear Seat Delete.jpg

Decal3.jpg
The paint has held up pretty well over the years, but showing signs of it's age. The passenger floorboard is the only weak area I have found so far. The rear seat delete & custom upholstery are interesting. I've already added the Duster 360 decal on the rear :) Glad to be back into MOPAR Muscle, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Jeff. Welcome to FABO!!!

Nice to see you get back into a Mopar. Great looking Duster you found. Thanks for the pictures!!

Hi Jeff. Welcome to FABO!!!

Nice to see you get back into a Mopar. Great looking Duster you found. Thanks for the pictures!!
Thanks! BTW I'm retired AF too. Punched out in 2002, was a weapons troop. Stationed a Moody AFB in Valdosta back in the early 80s

Thanks! BTW I'm retired AF too. Punched out in 2002, was a weapons troop. Stationed a Moody AFB in Valdosta back in the early 80s

Awesome!!! Another Wingnut :) I retired in 2005. Was a Ground Radio Maintenance guy and did some recruiting duty. I was always waiting for orders to Shemya Air Force Base but I never got them. They needed radio maintenance guys there. Kinda glad though - too isolated. Now Elmendorf would have been great!

We're you ever stationed at Molesworth in England? I was at RAF Greenham Common and RAF Molesworth munitions was right up the road. I was at McConnell, Greenham Common, Laughlin, then Lewiston ID, Little Rock, Torrington CT, and Keesler. I miss it every day. Wish I would have stayed to make E-9 and really retired, lol.

Welcome aboard glad to have you! Nice duster looks like a nice solid project.

You don't happen to know Alan "Marty" Martin up there do ya? Old amateur radio friend of mine. He does/ did have a nice Chevelle. I think he sold it, have not talked to him in awhile.

You don't happen to know Alan "Marty" Martin up there do ya? Old amateur radio friend of mine. He does/ did have a nice Chevelle. I think he sold it, have not talked to him in awhile.
Sorry, don't know him. There are only about 750K people living here in the Last Frontier. We are a tight nit group in some communities but...

Welcome @AlaskaJeff ! I’m another retired USAF guy. I lived in Alaska for the big one in 64 (USAF brat too). I was at Moody in 1979 and 1980 - civil engineering squadron.

I always wanted to get back to the last frontier, but next time will likely be on a cruise ship.

-
Back