Another piece of the puzzle. New carb

-
This is the wheelie that I think did the front end damage. All is well now. View attachment 1715701641

Did you drive it out of it , or let off ?
I WOULD PROBLY HAVE LET OFF , NOT BEING THE SHARPEST TACK IN THE BOX. Have seen guys the that are fast enough thinkers quick pedal it to set it down -----
Dont get me wrong , "i aint ever been close to that high'' !

Did you drive it out of it , or let off ?
I WOULD PROBLY HAVE LET OFF , NOT BEING THE SHARPEST TACK IN THE BOX. Have seen guys the that are fast enough thinkers quick pedal it to set it down -----
Dont get me wrong , "i aint ever been close to that high'' !

As I stated a couple of times this was before I bought it. That was on the previous owner and was done during nitrous application so I’m sure things happened very quickly. It ran 5.0’s will low 1.1’s sixty foot times. I wish I could have kept it a small block car for ease of working on but wasn’t about to spend the money required to buy the needed parts when I had a Keith Black block, Calais crank, and B1 heads sitting here.

When I told my buddy about my desire to try a bigger carb on my 422 instead of the old 850 he said to give the 1150 a try. He knows more about carbs than I ever will but I fell into one of those “I can’t pass it up deals” and just got it tonight. A buddy had a brand new custom 900 cfm APD alcohol carb that was upped to 1000cfm for his 426 small block Mopar. It sat for years never taken out of the box as his wife moved into a big block Mopar dragster. I can’t wait to try this sucker out on my new 408. View attachment 1715700496View attachment 1715700497View attachment 1715700498View attachment 1715700499

John
What is the venturi size on the 900?

Gotta love a guy that takes pix of a Dominator on his kitchen table! If I did that (and got caught) I'd be wearing it as a permanent hat for the rest of my days.
I should do it some day when she's out just to say I did it.:lol:
That’s because you need ether a understanding wife or one that sits in the same frame of mind. Picture below...

Like they say. Racers are either single or divorced.:lol:
Or married to a hot rodder.

Here is the wife setting up here valve train on her trick flow heads she bought on the kitchen table.
(Please excuse the kitchen colors. I know. There hideous and about to change.)
CE486935-82FB-4964-BBAA-63EBCE4ABCB6.jpeg

:thumbsup: I can work at the dining room table, but the wife has no interest in helping.

cant help you there as APD does all am work. They clearly list their prices on their website
I'm going to give them a call and ask about a new base plate for my 850. I'm thinking I can sell this carb easier if it has a new one rather than the "repaired" one it now has. I don't mind but most guys like those shiny new parts.

People are spending money buying parts. Sold a race 727 transmission, race converter, small block Ultrabell yesterday, and a big block Ultrabell today.

My health is improving since my knee surgery and heart attacks so I may still be able to hit the shop floor and get busy on my car.

Last edited:
-
Back