Another small block turbo early valiant

-
Absolutely the plumbing, there’s ways to do it but honestly I think twins would be easier so you wouldn’t have the crossover. I’ll get some closer pictures of what I mean on how tight it is (especially on an early a) there’s about a half inch between the lower radiator hose and the same to the electric fan. We went to a 2” crossover and probably couldn’t fit much bigger, with my setup but it’s got a 26” radiator and electric fans so that may be taking up a little more room.

Absolutely the plumbing, there’s ways to do it but honestly I think twins would be easier so you wouldn’t have the crossover. I’ll get some closer pictures of what I mean on how tight it is (especially on an early a) there’s about a half inch between the lower radiator hose and the same to the electric fan. We went to a 2” crossover and probably couldn’t fit much bigger, with my setup but it’s got a 26” radiator and electric fans so that may be taking up a little more room.

Yeah, was admiring your fan setup...Tends to get a bit Toasty doing the Turbo Thang!

Yeah, was admiring your fan setup...Tends to get a bit Toasty doing the Turbo Thang!
Thank you, yeah wanted to do what I can to keep things cool. If I would have seen this before I was so far along with mine I would have done something like they did on this Barracuda. Maybe when it gets a tubular K member.

8E1079EB-B456-47E2-B56D-952188C99E01.jpeg

9C673AB3-CD7B-4B93-B213-0CF0E36FEEA4.jpeg

Thank you, yeah wanted to do what I can to keep things cool. If I would have seen this before I was so far along with mine I would have done something like they did on this Barracuda. Maybe when it gets a tubular K member.

View attachment 1715434418

View attachment 1715434419

O snap,
That things wicked.

Is there more detailed Pics of this car's engine compartment and plumbing available?

Looking awesome!!!
Getting a 3" downpipe past the tortion bars is damn near impossible on our cars.
Does that carb hat clear the hood?

Looking awesome!!!
Getting a 3" downpipe past the tortion bars is damn near impossible on our cars.
Does that carb hat clear the hood?

Thank you! I think I’ll have it back before Christmas. No unfortunately it’s gonna have to get cut, for the carb hat and probably about 4-6 inches of the cold side.

Making progress!!! Super excited how it’s turning out!!! At this point it’s mostly all mocked up and tacked. Hotside is all done in 2” stainless steel, used a pacesetter “Passenger” header on the drivers side and a headman block hugger on the passenger side. Exhaust is gonna be 3” stainless to about the frame rail on the passenger side then will go to a mild steel and possibly down to a 2.5 to get by the T-bar. Any opinions? Is 2.5 too small?

View attachment 1715434205

View attachment 1715434207

View attachment 1715434208

View attachment 1715434209

View attachment 1715434210

View attachment 1715434212

View attachment 1715434213

View attachment 1715434214

View attachment 1715434215

View attachment 1715434216

Dumb question...in the 5th picture from the top you have what looks to be a number 10 fitting welded into the valve cover and a 90 degree hose fitting hooked to it.

What are you going to use that for?

TIA

Dumb question...in the 5th picture from the top you have what looks to be a number 10 fitting welded into the valve cover and a 90 degree hose fitting hooked to it.

What are you going to use that for?

TIA

Good eye, yes I’ve got one on each valve cover that will feed into a catch can.

Good eye, yes I’ve got one on each valve cover that will feed into a catch can.

That's a good idea. It's a much better seal than what I have. I use a pan evac system and it uses some cheap breathers in the valve covers and hose clamps and I think I'm loosing some vacuum.

I'll be changing out that right quick to what you did. Dumb me never even thought of it!!!

Thanks

Looking Good,
Talk about Prime Real Estate Yikes, Venturing to guess that punching a hole and dumping the exhaust out thru the front quarter would have been hella easier, but also appreciate the many reasons you didn't go that route. Dig your little custom support there on the front...Lol, and glad to see that your getting close to lift-off.

Since your Cred on putting a Turbo in an Early A has now certainly risen above amatuer hour status (which is where i'm at) how much is it gonna set me back to have you come do mine.

Looking Good,
Talk about Prime Real Estate Yikes, Venturing to guess that punching a hole and dumping the exhaust out thru the front quarter would have been hella easier, but also appreciate the many reasons you didn't go that route. Dig your little custom support there on the front...Lol, and glad to see that your getting close to lift-off.

Since your Cred on putting a Turbo in an Early A has now certainly risen above amatuer hour status (which is where i'm at) how much is it gonna set me back to have you come do mine.

ha I can’t take a single ounce of credit for the fab work shown here, this is miles above my abilities. A good friend of mine is doing all that work. When we started on it his exact words were “**** I’m afraid people are going to see this and think I can do ANYTHING” hahaha but I’ll tell you he’s a bad ***!

ha I can’t take a single ounce of credit for the fab work shown here, this is miles above my abilities. A good friend of mine is doing all that work. When we started on it his exact words were “**** I’m afraid people are going to see this and think I can do ANYTHING” hahaha but I’ll tell you he’s a bad ***!

Well it's certainly taking shape and wayyyyy beyond the bolt on and go stuff, the skill set required to do Fab work on a undertaking like this is something that is not easily acquired.

Looks awesome!
Now I want to mount my alternator like yours. Any tips on how you did it?

Looks awesome!

well it’s not there
Looks awesome!

Thanks Mark, it’s not 100% quite yet. It’s mounted at the top bolt hole and I plan on using a turn buckle style tensioner.

C38EE6C6-B4E1-49AD-B892-DD09F8AC9C8B.jpeg

E0D5BB84-2AFF-492B-B458-70C44AD4E356.jpeg

im sure you mentioned this before, but are you using the fuel pump block off plate as an oil return for the turbo?

thats pretty cool

Well it’s done and coming back home after Christmas. Got the 3” inch down pipe in and around the torsion bar, now it’s back I’m my hands to get wired and fired!

256C0C86-4D02-4FEB-A8F7-8886C46E8AFF.jpeg

B6B44E67-F05E-4B91-8830-9EA5A2B06395.jpeg

883D921E-948B-4CF2-AE2B-65B412387D77.jpeg

Man wish I was that far, just need to get back over to the car and work on it, still at my parents house from moving.

-
Back