Another "what Should It Run"

-

DART340

Reaction score
Hopefully going to the track soon and wandering what I should expect it to run, '72 swinger, 402 magnum crate motor, msd 6 and distributor, 750 proform carb, 727 full manual with 10" 3200 stall, 8.75 w/ 3.91 gears, 10.50 x 28 sportsman pros, superstock springs and 90/10's up front.
What do you think?

I'll take a guess at it.

If you can get it to hook up I'll bet it runs close to 12.3 at around 110 once you get it tuned.

I'd like to know how that motor runs and if it's reliable. please keep us posted.

I have had the motor in about 4 months now and I think its awesome. I had a 360 with a 284 484 cam and other boltons and it ran great but even sounded more awsome. This 402 has more everyrthing including cam, but sounds much milder. It drives great, even with the single plane its extremely responsive and has large amounts of torque. On the street you can't get any type of traction

i hear that the availability for these crates are low. where did you get it from? How much?

You are not going to believe it, but I bought a truck off ebay with the motor in it and only 200 miles on it for 4200.00. I put my 360 in it and now I am going to sell the truck again. Nice deal.

Dan

-
Back