Anticipation of Balancer purchase question

-

AZ-Nick

Reaction score
I have a 69 340 with passenger side timing mark pointer location.
I’ve read about 15 posts so far and I haven’t seen an option for purchasing a new balancer with the timing marks on the passenger side, does any company offer one?

The mark is not in the same place 70 up and 69 down on the balancer.

Some say it is but I have a 70 up timing cover and a 67 273 balancer with bolt on pass side marker.

No matter which cylinder I use the timing is not the same on both markers. It's about 10 to 15 deg different.

That being said...

If you have a 69 timing marker and a 70 up balancer. It's not hard to find TDC and mark the new balancer for TDC

The mark is not in the same place 70 up and 69 down on the balancer.

Some say it is but I have a 70 up timing cover and a 67 273 balancer with bolt on pass side marker.

No matter which cylinder I use the timing is not the same on both markers. It's about 10 to 15 deg different.

That being said...

If you have a 69 timing marker and a 70 up balancer. It's not hard to find TDC and mark the new balancer for TDC
I know what you mean and that’s what I would have to do but I think I might as well keep the original one that I put tape on it a while ago because it’s still In good condition. If I changed cams I was thinking about replacing it with a newer one without any rubber in it.

I think I might as well keep the original one that I put tape on it a while ago because it’s still In good condition.
why were you thinking of changing it in the first place?

*edit* NM, i saw upthread that you mentioned the bonded rubber. fair enough point.

Last edited:
I was looking for same thing, couldn't find one. Went to Trickflow and bought one of theirs. Had to remark it as I wanted to dress the 340 like a 273 with bolt on timing tab.

Exactly as in post #9. Just remark a new one. Easy peasy. Search "Hillbilly Timing Tape" by member @crackedback. Sheer genius.

-
Back