Any Audio Video gurus out there in FABO land?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I decided to take my truck out for a ride and record it. well, every time I try and record my truck, the exhaust noise becomes a loud droning and makes all the audio sound like garbage and unusable. all you can hear is this vrrrrrrrrrr noise that makes everything sound like ****. even when I talk.:wack:
any ideas to fix this on my camcorder?

Isolate the camcorder, like putting it on a towel or something soft/cushiony that won't transmit sound.

Also try insulating your microphone if possible. Wrap foam or towels around it to reduce the sensitivity of it.

Isolate the camcorder, like putting it on a towel or something soft/cushiony that won't transmit sound.

Also try insulating your microphone if possible. Wrap foam or towels around it to reduce the sensitivity of it.

I even held it my hand during the ride. No luck. I will have to try and figure a way to lessen the vibrations on the mic so it doesnt freak out as much. I was really looking forward to taking a GOOD video today.:banghead:

Make a homemade directional sound tube. Take a paper towel cardboard tube and wrap it with a couple of hand towels and duct tape. Then tape it over the mic. Then it will be directional to the same spot the camera is aimed (assuming the tube is aimed the same way as the lens). This should cut down on the background noise.

Some cheaper video cams have no provision for adjusting audio. Try taping up the mic with a tiny hole open, and keep the camera out of the wind, open windows, etc. Location "in the car" is going to make a difference too.

-
Back