Any good auto lock out kit recommendations?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Looking at getting some auto lock out tools for my business since I have been getting alot of calls for lock out service.

I have seen the locksmith guys use the air jack wedge that you pump up along with a flexible, non-marring rigid tool to open the lock levers.

I deal with alot of cars that have the small, rounded buttons too.

I was looking at this kit and thought it might be exactly what I need.

Any thoughts?

http://hightechtools.com/catalog.php?catid=1&objectid=142&productid=118

I played with a car as a favor while picking up My Daughter from work last week, and used a slim jim for about an hour with no luck as a locksmith was already in route.
He came and got the car open in under 30 seconds with the air wedge and the flexible long reach tool, and I said "That's it, I'm steppin up to the plate to get some of these friggin tools."

I sell Lock Tech through Mac.(like the tool you linked to) They seem to be the most universal and less damaging. Stay away from the model specific tools especially those that go down inside the door. Too much wiring, switches and sensors. The last thing you want to do is set off a side impact air bag or tear up a wiring harness. Lock Tech also has neat accessories like lights, hooks , and wedges to compliment the basic kit. The pump up air bag is a plus. It opens the gap between the roof and the door frame without physical damage to the car. The Mac number is LT329G and it lists for $82.99. The similar Loc Tech number is LT130 and is on page 10 of their online catalog. toolmanmike

http://www.ltitools.com/LTwebcatalogview.pdf

I sell Lock Tech through Mac.(like the tool you linked to) They seem to be the most universal and less damaging. Stay away from the model specific tools especially those that go down inside the door. Too much wiring, switches and sensors. The last thing you want to do is set off a side impact air bag or tear up a wiring harness. Lock Tech also has neat accessories like lights, hooks , and wedges to compliment the basic kit. The pump up air bag is a plus. It opens the gap between the roof and the door frame without physical damage to the car. The Mac number is LT329G and it lists for $82.99. The similar Loc Tech number is LT130 and is on page 10 of their online catalog. toolmanmike

http://www.ltitools.com/LTwebcatalogview.pdf

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, keep it basic, no need for all the fancy under glass rods and stuff for those reasons you mentioned.
Thanks for the leg work.

How bout this 15025_SLEDGE_HAMMER.jpg

15025_SLEDGE_HAMMER.jpg

Gotta be careful how I say this.

I'm a locksmith and prefer to use the in the door/ under the window tools.

The longreach tools work pretty well on mid 90s and up. Anything older I wouldn't use them. The crash test standards changed then and the window attachment/door frames got more flexible for the newer stuff.

On some models you might have to flex the window/ door back as it will take a "set" in the spread position and man will it whistle.

Just a few tips. Good Luck!

Very true, use caution when using wedges and pump up bags. The tool is the diameter of a pencil and if you're careful you can get the job done without damage. If you have to pull the door frame back it is a simple adjustment. I see body techs do it quite often. If you are familiar with the inner workings of the doors you are trying to unlock the specific kits work great.

We have a huge set we use in the wreckers that has all kinds of tools in it for inside the door, and its nice. It even came with a huge book with about every car imaginable in it that shows what tool to use and exactly where to use it on the door.

We used to have just the basic kit, but there started to be a lot of vehicles we couldnt use it on for one reason or another.

-
Back