Any headers that dont "HANG" ???

-

MoparVT

Reaction score
I am sick of hitting my header on the ground! I replaced the one on my Duster ..TWICE ! Now have a 72 Swinger,and same thing. Are there any headers that dont hang low??
Thanks

Ooops!

I forgot the pictures.

DSC01665.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

I used Hooker Competition Headers on my 72 Duster 360,they exit into a full 2 1/2" system out the back.I've put 1000mi's on it so far,they fit's excellent with the 727 and manual steering.Road's around here are pretty nasty and I haven't had any problem's yet.When I had the exhaust built my friend who own's a Midas shop tucked it up tight with special attention to the passenger side.

Thanks for the info....they look like just what I was looking for!!

Dougs and tti are the only headers that I know of that don't hang below the drag link.

Dougs are anywhere from 390-550 for uncoated and coated, tti are more expensive

I've had both and would buy Dougs, everytime, over tti

Dougs and tti are the only headers that I know of that don't hang below the drag link.

Dougs are anywhere from 390-550 for uncoated and coated, tti are more expensive

I've had both and would buy Dougs, everytime, over tti

Where do you find Dougs ?

The TTI's are quite expensive.

Where do you find Dougs ?

The TTI's are quite expensive.

Summit has them

Type in "D453" in the search box. Should get the coated (D453) and uncoated (D453R) to pop up.

If you have a manual trans car, you're in for some fun with the z bar with wither brand of header... BTDT.

According to Summits fitment chart, the Dougs DO NOT work w/colum shift auto.

Anybody have any steering side pics of the dougs,or TTI's ?

I think BOTH require the mini starter....am I correct?

Thanks

Ding! Ding! Round 18!

Who copied who? I think he has it backwards, but, that's not uncommon.

How many sets of Dougs has 340rules had? ZERO...

The best advice comes from those with experience with both sets of headers, which 340rules errrr... stroked340 lacks...

First round KO!

Everyone have a great day.

I have two set of the tti headers..one on a 71 dart..one on a 73 duster.

the dart has the large oe mopar stater...the duster has the small starter..

I have installed alot of headers in my 55 yrs...and these are the easiest i have ever done.....been thing is no exhaust leaks...and they still look nice 3 yrs later...

are they expensive....hell ya...but worth it...

Who copied who? I think he has it backwards, but, that's not uncommon.

How many sets of Dougs has 340rules had? ZERO...

The best advice comes from those with experience with both sets of headers, which 340rules errrr... stroked340 lacks...

First round KO!

Everyone have a great day.

Don't need to own a set of Dougs i bought my first set of TTI'S way back when they first came out..when you find something good you stick with it..now as for Dougs being just like tti's,one look will tell ya; they're NOT!!!...

I have installed alot of headers in my 55 yrs...and these are the easiest i have ever done.....been thing is no exhaust leaks...and they still look nice 3 yrs later...

Yeah,the price dosnt scare me.As long as the longevity (and performance) is there I know how long "cheap" $100 headers last.

Thanks for all the replies!!

So there are no clearance problems w/auto on the colum ?? (w/tti's)

So there are no clearance problems w/auto on the colum ?? (w/tti's)

There should'nt be thats what i have in my duster...and they went on like a dream..

Do yourself a favor and buy the best out there TTI'S..Dougs are just a copy of the best!!!..and they're not exactely the same!!!

Doug's headers have been around since the 60s.So if anyone copied another company......

TTIs are great but I think Im going to try the Doug's next time around.

You tell us ? whaaawhoo ha ha ha ahah a ahhha:cheers:

OK......all sillyness aside....

Does anyone have a pic of the driver side engine compartment (with either Dougs or TTI) showing steering/shift clearance ?

Thanks

Again,the fitment chart for the Dougs,say does not work w/colum shift AUTO....... that true?

-
Back