Any Jeep technicians out there?

-

mopar56

Reaction score
My wifes 2019 Jeep Cherokee 3.6 has the stop/start feature which automatically shuts off the engine at every stop light. Personally I do not like this feature but she loves it and it's her Jeep. Anyway it recently quit working, what happens is when you start the car you get a message saying " auto stop disabled, engine too cold" , duh, it just started ! Then when it warms up after about 5 min the message switch's and says, " auto start disabled, battery is charging" the gauge reads 14.4 volts when running, so it's charging, the car starts without hesitation and the battery does not seem weak? I took the jeep to the dealer today for a oil change and told them about it, they scanned it and load tested the battery. They say the battery passed and is good and no error codes, the screen on the dash also says no error codes. They say short multiple trips can cause this issue and that indeed is what this car dose, it's 5 years old with 40kms on it, about 24 thousand miles. When I got home I disconnected the battery for 10 min and then hooked up again, but same issue. I've searched the net and all I can find is to replace the battery, it is after all five years old but it seems fine and passed load test. Ideas???

Some models, certain years, do have a separate battery for the stop/start feature.

That's what the service guy at Dodge said today but he looked a d said there's only one, any idea where a second one would be? Dose it look like a conventional battery or smaller?

-
Back