Any model builders here?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I haven't built any for a few years but i started building them when i was a kid and still have most of them around 175 at last count.

Here's one i got at least 20years ago,it's Don "The Snake" Prudhomme's old sling-shot dragster.
69138405.jpg

69138405.jpg

Oh boy.... I was wondering how long before THIS topic popped up.

I've been building models for the past 20 yrs. seriously. I've had cars featured in Scale Auto, Plastic Fanatic, Model Cars, and Custom Rodder back when Rick Hanmore had his column. I've competed in shows from Masscar to Toledo, with NNL east being less than an hour from my house. I've been a member of the Central Pa. Model Car Club when I lived in Lancaster years ago and the LIARS club out here on Long Island. I'm also friends of most of the MAMA's boys from Maryland. I personally have approx. 200 unbuilt kits with some choice Mopar pieces. At last count I have about 8 MPC `68 Barracuda annuals, which are worth a full TTI exhaust system for the real car...

BTW: Dave Burkett in conjunction with AMT just released a limited run of the `66 Hemi Under Glass kit. Grab one while they're availible.

When I get a chance I'll post some pictures of my Chrysler Atlantic convertible, 413 cross-ram `32 Ford, a `64 Dodge with a Weber carbed slant 6, and a Hemi Dart that is better detailed than some real cars.

Sigh.... I wish I had the time to build these days.

LIARS club :shock: Are you trying to tell us something John? :geek:
Sounds like your a serious model builder!I just did it for a hobby when i was a kid then i went to real cars that look more like model kits that are in need of assembly!
Post some of your pix i would like to see them.
I'll snap a few more of mine and post them. :)

EvilScamp said:
LIARS club :shock: Are you trying to tell us something John? :geek:

Long
Island
Automotive
Replica
Society

A group of certified nutjobs..... A fascinating collection of grown men whom should be institutionalized. Very serious builders....Very funny guys..... They travel to the larger shows in a rented bus and party like they were attending a Nascar race, including the "cooler full of beverages" at 7:00am

I'll snap some pictures on Monday. Tomorrow I'll be at the track all day.

Cool! I have a small collection compared to you guys. Think I have about 25 unbuilt and 1 and a half built. All mopars. Many of them are polar lights of the nostalgia racers. I should be able to get a couple built over winter I hope.
Our local car club is also having our first diecast, model and collectible swap meet in February. Things get awfully slow in Wisconsin for us. So we thought we would try something different for a change. Can get details if wanted.

Couple pix
69240741.jpg

And of course my favorite!
69240756.jpg

69240765.jpg

69240781.jpg

I can post more pix if you guys wanna se my collection.

69240741.jpg

69240756.jpg

69240765.jpg

69240781.jpg

Man I need to get back to bilding some model cars, I love that stuff.
Winter will be here soon enough and wont be able to work on the real thing so some of the models will get built.

So far I need to build the following in the collection i have....

1. Mr. Norms 68 383 Dodge Dart
2. 67 HEMI GTX
3. 72 Blown 440 Challenger
4. Mr Norms SUPERCHARGER Funny Car
5. 71 HEMI Cuda Convertible
6. 70 Richard Petty Superbird
7. 70 HEMI Superbird
8. 70 HEMI Challenger (Vanishing Point)
9. 69 HEMI Super Bee
10. 69 HEMI Charger R/T
11. 70 440-6 Raod Runner
12. Buddy Bakers #71 HEMI Charger (NASCAR)

Man now that I get to looking at them......I am way behind :shock: .

I have a couple of those Billy,i'll have to post some pix of them.

By the way did you get my PM about the wheels?

I havent built any in a long time. Mine are all dusty and in the atic.

-
Back