Any Model Railroad Fans?

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
Here's my grandfather's layout. Sadly, he's 91 and is no longer to work on it. When he passes, its going to be sectioned off and the interested grandchildren will get a section of it to display. Really wish I had the space to take the whole thing. By the way, the track is laid down and each railroad tie is nailed, no pre-made store bought stuff and he made all his own trees!
100_2060.jpg

100_2061.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2065.jpg

100_2069.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2070.jpg

I have always wanted to do something like that but have to many hobbies allready. This gentleman I do work for just gave me his trains(he is 82).

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

Looks nice. I'm not into model rail roads or anything like it. I work for a railraod that try's to model itself. LOL

I gotta say, that's one impressive layout. If you'd like to keep it intact, might I suggest talking with a local children's museum, if yourself and your siblings all agreed to it, it'd be a nice way to keep it together.

I gotta say, that's one impressive layout. If you'd like to keep it intact, might I suggest talking with a local children's museum, if yourself and your siblings all agreed to it, it'd be a nice way to keep it together.

Good idea. My uncle and mother would be the one's to decide that actually.

I forgot to post this pic. Its an unfinished AMX for HO scale from 1976, still in its original packaging with a 99 cent price tag. The cars are a Willys Jeep, Camaro and another AMX all about 25 years old. My grandpa has over 400 unfinished cars and buildings in his basement, close to 100 railroad lanterns and some of his trains are pretty old. The coolest thing he may own is his toy soldiers that his uncle brought home for him from England during WWI. He claims he played with them when he was younger, but I dont believe based upon how they look (should've taken a pic)
000_0001-4.jpg

THAT is a thing of freakin' beauty, man! Very impressive. Too bad it's gotta be broken up. Now, I'm no railroad guy but my dad is. I remember one Christmas as a wee lad, my dad got me and my brother a model train set. Guess who used it the most? Dad did. Me and my brother were never really into it. I knew from a very young age that cars were "it" for me.

Thanks for sharing,
Wylde1.

My dad was into HO trains and had a rather large layout in the basement. He scratch built all the buildings and cars. As he got older (and mom needed more basement space) he donated all his stuff to the local assisted living home for seniors. There were about 6 guys there that had combined their layouts. My dad retained vistation rights and went up there 2 or 3 nights a week.
His layout was know as the Gravelswitch And Pacific Railroad.
As he was getting ready to make the 2 mile trip he would hitch his pants up and announce that he was going to the old folks home! He was older than any of them at 89.
If you are thinking about giving the set-up away, try to find a model railroad club that could enjoy it.

thats cool.
I have a lot of HO stuff but it's all put away because I have no where to put it. o well maybe when I get my own house

-
Back