Any on installed a TPS on a Holley Carb?

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
Any pic's of how you hooked it up.
I found this one ...
Holley TPS Kits 534-214

But it says
Notes:Designed to be used on Holley Gen 3 Ultra Dominator carburetors.

Last edited:
Yes it is the Innovate LM2 single Chanel o2 unit.

The first tps i showed the link for was for a Gen 3 Ultra Dominator.

This one says it for a standard Holley with out choke.

Tuner and at least one other person on RFS used a junkyard TPS, prob GM, mounted on an intake with a string connecting it to the throttle lever.
cool-gif.gif

Don't recall that the posts had much more info than that or I'd try to find them for ya.

Tuner and at least one other person on RFS used a junkyard TPS, prob GM, mounted on an intake with a string connecting it to the throttle lever.
View attachment 1715554810

Don't recall that the posts had much more info than that or I'd try to find them for ya.
If i had not already pulled the lever on one from Innovate that would have been a good plan.

Whats your thought on my o2 readings.
Proform 850 dialing it in closer

While not totally worthless I think logging TPS position is not needed in most applications. My car is injected and the TPS works for the ECU for accel enrichment and idle reference only. From a log point its usually easy to look at other fields and say "Yep I was flooring it" lol. I don't know how many channels the Innovate has but if you find yourseld out of room for things to log I would drop the TPS.

While not totally worthless I think logging TPS position is not needed in most applications. My car is injected and the TPS works for the ECU for accel enrichment and idle reference only. From a log point its usually easy to look at other fields and say "Yep I was flooring it" lol. I don't know how many channels the Innovate has but if you find yourseld out of room for things to log I would drop the TPS.

So how do you know where the throttle is on a carb without a TPS?

So how do you know where the throttle is on a carb without a TPS?

I am just curious as to why you need to know? Other than maybe giving information to a transmission controller or something I can't see the need. Just because you want to is a great need, I log all kinds of data with my EFI that I don't really need I just want to see it haha.

all i know is that if i hadn't taken notes after each run i wouldn't have know if that spike was because i lifted off the throttle or if it was a real o2 spike........................

I am just curious as to why you need to know? Other than maybe giving information to a transmission controller or something I can't see the need. Just because you want to is a great need, I log all kinds of data with my EFI that I don't really need I just want to see it haha.

Yeah, how else do you know what circuit you’re on and when it starts?

I have one o2 Chanel one rpm Chanel, and three 0 to 5v channels.
first one, no mater how silly it may be to some will be the TPS. i was with you guys until i started to try and read and compare readings. would have been real nice to know at what throttle i was at.
That leave 2 more channels..............would like a drive shaft rpm signal..............a maf "mass air flow sensor" would be nice.......but i don't think it is a 0-5v sensor.

I have a drag race this week end so will see if the o2 sensor is fixed or not.

-
Back