-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustya_383

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Have a smallblock trans they're willing to let go for cheap automatic 727 or 904 preferably 904( unless you have 727 driveshaft to match w 8.25 rear) my car has no reverse and rather get a another one than have someone they to fix this one. I'd change it over to 4 spd but girlfriend can't drive stick yet and my other duster is already a 4 spd . Please let me know guys thanks

I don't have a trans but I think I do have a drive shaft from a 73 Valiant that had a slant six, 727 tranny and 8 1/4" rear. I'm assuming the 727 length is the same regardless of whether its a slant or a small block, but i'm not 100% sure. PM me if you end up needing it at some point.

Rebuild the trans. It's not that hard. Kit and convertor should be under $200 (really should be around $100).

my car has no reverse and rather get a another one
I had this problem on my A-413 torqueflite, so replaced w/ a used transmission, since the case had been damaged in a prior accident. Tore it down for forensics and found the L/R servo piston had a torn rubber seal. Would have been an easy fix from underneath w/ tranny in car. I later had to rebuild the used tranny and found that was much easier than I expected (as many on FABO say). All you need is big snap-ring pliers. You can get a rebuild kit for <$100 w/ steels (don't buy an overhaul kit which is just seals). I suggest you remove your servo piston since that my be the only problem. If not, keep going and pull the tranny. It is a common problem for the servo piston to tilt in the bore, and there is a replacement piston for that ~$12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back