Any recommendations for Chrome work in Metro Detroit?

-

zig

Reaction score
Hello,
I am moving along with my 74 duster project. I need the bumpers redone. The front needs some metal work as well as chrome. Rear just chrome. Anyone have any positive feedback for any shops in Detroit area? I know it can be tough to find a good place sometimes...

Any help is appreciated..

im pretty sure haijjar (sp) plating is still open in wayne on ecorse rd.

not sure about the detroit area but down here in Jackson we have elm plating. you may want to look into them.

ABC Chrome Plating in the Waterford area. A few of my customers have used them & were happy with quality.

I think it's just "Hajjar" Plating Services.

They used to/still do stuff for the Big 3, and I recall the business sometimes being called "Micro Platers"

I have used them for a couple of things, the bumpers they did for me came out excellent and the prices was reasonable.

It's been about 6-8 years since I last used them.

Paul

im pretty sure haijjar (sp) plating is still open in wayne on ecorse rd.

Hajar is OK for middle of the road plating, such as air cleaner lids and such, but I don't believe they do show chrome work, mainly utilitarian stuff. B&L Plating up in the Roseville area does high show chrome work but they are pricey. It all depends what level of bumper you're looking for. If you want a nice bumper for a decent price, I would suggest Tri-City Plating from Tennessee. They have nice bumpers all ready for exchange, and I think they are in the $325.00 range for most models. They go to a lot of the bigger shows around, and will be at the Nats for sure. Heck, it gives you a reason to go now don't it???LOL!!!

This Elm Plating in Jackson I think I've heard of. Can you enlighten us, oh Dusterdude??? I'd like to know more about their capabilities!!! Geof

I personally have not had anything done from elm but i know they have been around for some time ....my dad and all of his friends use to use them back in the day.

they are right in the industrial area of jackson (train station,omni source,jackson tumble,micor industrial park and the list goes on and on).

not sure on prices either....Ill do a web search and see if I can find anything on them.

http://www.elmplating.com/index.htm

there is a link to their website.

doesnt show much on prices and size limits or anything.

I am pretty sure they do contract work for big companies but they also do walk in based stuff for the average joe.

so you might want to try calling and getting a quote and seeing what types of prices they might have.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to call around... I will check Tri-city. I am building a nice driver mainly, but I want it to look nice of course... I don't spending the money if it is worth it. Doesn't have to be concourse ready or anything, but nice.. I looked into Bumper Boyz, but heard iffy things from my buddy's uncle. So if it is an exchange, I want to make sure the bumpers are nice...

Zig, I have Tri-City bumpers on all my cars, and have been using them for years. They are consistently high quality and after close to 8 years on the 66, still look brand new. Bumper Boyz...not so much!!! Are you planning on going to the Nats??? If so, give Chuck a call at Tri-City and set up for him to bring you the bumpers you need. He will have them ready and set aside for you, making the transaction smoother during the madness that is the Nats!!! Geof

Why send them away? Keep your money in Michigan.

If you want to spend money on show quality bumpers go to Fini Finish on Mound Road in Warren.

http://www.fini-finish.com

Personally I found nothing wrong with Hajjar chrome work, the work they did for me was better than OEM.

Paul

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to call around... I will check Tri-city. I am building a nice driver mainly, but I want it to look nice of course... I don't spending the money if it is worth it. Doesn't have to be concourse ready or anything, but nice.. I looked into Bumper Boyz, but heard iffy things from my buddy's uncle. So if it is an exchange, I want to make sure the bumpers are nice...

Hey Dusterpaul, I'm not against him using a Michigan based company, I only suggested that he use Tri-City because they know Mopar stuff, and they do a lot of bumpers. If he wants to take them to Hajar, thats perfectly fine with me, or any other place around Mi. for that matter, I'm just trying to help with useful suggestions!!! Geof

-
Back