anybody move their bench back?

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
anybody moved their bench seat back a little bit? i have a 71 duster and even slid all the way back i think i would still be a bit more comfortable a few more inches back. they make them for camaros and stuff, but nobody makes any for a-bodies. i know making some is pretty easy but i still wanted to see what you guys have done.

Don't know if it's the same on a bench seat car, but on my buckets there was more than one set of holes for bolting the seat to the brackets. The seat could be moved back a noticeable amount just by using the other set of holes. In my car I could drive with my seat all of the way back, but in my mother's nearly identical car I had to move the seat forward some because her seat was mounted farther back.
I was young & stupid & it was a long time before I figured out why there was a difference. Now I'm just old & stupid. :angry7:

Don't know if it's the same on a bench seat car, but on my buckets there was more than one set of holes for bolting the seat to the brackets. The seat could be moved back a noticeable amount just by using the other set of holes. In my car I could drive with my seat all of the way back, but in my mother's nearly identical car I had to move the seat forward some because her seat was mounted farther back.
I was young & stupid & it was a long time before I figured out why there was a difference. Now I'm just old & stupid. :angry7:

The original mounting studs are a real pain to get out but yeah that's how it done.

I'm 6'4 and I did that.
I drilled new holes in the benchseat bottom and moved the track forward about 1/2 inch, then oblonged out the floor holes abit for maybe another 3/8".
I also added about 5/8" inch stack of washers under the front mount to give the seat alittle recline.
That made alot of difference to me.

-
Back