Anybody use stock style '70 Dart tips with TTI exhaust?

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
Just wondering who has run stock style tips with the TTI exhaust system. I just installed the TTI system and it looks like the tail pipes exit about 3 inches inboard per side of where the stock pipes would have exited. The hangers are on the tail pipes and not the tips like the stock system. Do stock type tips stick out to far and does it still look okay with the narrower spacing? I won't have the valence and bumper back on for awhile and I haven't cut the downturns off yet. I bought some repro 2 1/2" tips for my '70 Dart thinking they would work.
2.5" MOPAR A BODY DODGE, DEMON, DART, DUSTER, & PLYMOUTH STAINLESS EXHAUST TIPS | eBay

ps the system fits well. I have to see if the z bar linkage interferes but it looks ok so far. I had to cut 1.25" off of the H crossover pipe to make the pipe spacing narrow enough to fit the manifold turn down pipes but that was easy.

IMG_3376.jpg

Leave them sticking out as far as looks good.
Those little black rust pits that form on the chrome bumpers is from the exhaust.

Just wondering who has run stock style tips with the TTI exhaust system. I just installed the TTI system and it looks like the tail pipes exit about 3 inches inboard per side of where the stock pipes would have exited. The hangers are on the tail pipes and not the tips like the stock system. Do stock type tips stick out to far and does it still look okay with the narrower spacing? I won't have the valence and bumper back on for awhile and I haven't cut the downturns off yet. I bought some repro 2 1/2" tips for my '70 Dart thinking they would work.
2.5" MOPAR A BODY DODGE, DEMON, DART, DUSTER, & PLYMOUTH STAINLESS EXHAUST TIPS | eBay

ps the system fits well. I have to see if the z bar linkage interferes but it looks ok so far. I had to cut 1.25" off of the H crossover pipe to make the pipe spacing narrow enough to fit the manifold turn down pipes but that was easy.

yea tti tails don't come out at the same location as stock. they are also made fro 670up darts so they are stupid long on 70-up cars because they need to clear the 67-69 cars bumpers.. i thought the turn downs looked stipid sticking out so far so i cut them back a few inches...

1726440178094.png
1726440220421.png

The turn downs look good but I wanted the stock look. The tips aren't TTI. They have the same dimension as stock '70 except are 2 1/2" and not the small 1 5/8" or 1 7/8". I guess I will find out one day. If the worst comes to the worst I will have to pay someone to alter the tailpipes and buy the original hangers.

I need to replace the exhaust on my 70. Second thoughts if I can't reuse my chrome tips. Thanks for the question.

TTI is a system manufacturer not producing "original reproduction" parts. If you wanted original, you should have contacted Accurate exhaust. They sell different tips and hangers, original and oversize. You can cut your pipes and finish it off like original with their help.

TTI is a system manufacturer not producing "original reproduction" parts. If you wanted original, you should have contacted Accurate exhaust. They sell different tips and hangers, original and oversize. You can cut your pipes and finish it off like original with their help.
From what I have read Accurate tips aren’t exactly like stock either. I just need modified tailpipes and stock hangers if I end up not liking how the TTIs exit.

If the worst comes to the worst I will have to pay someone to alter the tailpipes and buy the original hangers.
Thats exactly what I would do. When I bought my TTI headers, I looked at their exhaust systems and realized that they werent made for the stock tips, and that Id just end up modifying it, so thats why I just bought their headers, tips from Accurate, and then took the car to my local muffler shop(after headers were installed) to have the rest of the exhaust made.
Go to a reputable shop so you know you will get a good job.

I feel your pain. Went through this a couple of months ago. TTI manifold back 2.5” system. I was going to use factory style tips( from accurate 2.5”) to add to TTI system. After getting system installed I realized to get factory style tips to work major mods. Went with TTI tips. Happy. Included pics to see results.

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

I feel your pain. Went through this a couple of months ago. TTI manifold back 2.5” system. I was going to use factory style tips( from accurate 2.5”) to add to TTI system. After getting system installed I realized to get factory style tips to work major mods. Went with TTI tips. Happy. Included pics to see results.

View attachment 1716304073

View attachment 1716304074
Nizze! Are those the TTI tail pipes with the bend in them or did you have straight pipes modified?

I see that the TTI tips are 1 1/2" shorter than the ones I bought (12 1/2" vs 14") and I assume they have no hanger provisions. I will make what I have work.

-
Back