Anyone else having problems with driving in the summer

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Ok so engine temps stay around 180-195 even when its 100 out. But here lately my car seems to be idling rough and throttle doesnt seem as responsive. Is vapor lock to blame? Or am I expiriencing bad fuel? Edelbrock thunder series avs carb, been about three years since carb has been adjusted

What do run run for fuel?

What is called REC90 is what I run as I am close to a major lake. No ethanol!!!

I run an 800 AVS Thunder.

Just guessing!

Last edited:
Any vapor lock I've experienced in the past was far worse than rough idling or slow response. More like complete stall out or shutdown. As a youth I spent many miles on the running board , blowing into the fuel filler of a '52 dodge truck to creat tank pressure helping a vaporlock issue.
Yote

These temps in phoenix are making my radiator work hard, my usually stays at 185 but is hovering close to 200/205.

Jake

I run 93 100% ran great Saturday but today just felt rough. Idling between 700 and 500 and seemed a little sluggish. Possibly bad gas?
I change both fuel filters every year so i know its not an issue. Also i didnt even think, could be fuel pump going out

What do run run for fuel?

What is called REC90 is what I run as I am close to a major lake. No ethanol!!!

I run an 800 AVS Thunder.

Just guessing!

I run the same REC90 in mine and it seems to like it (I'm a couple miles from Lake Allatoona).

My car always runs better in the winter. I'm not an expert but maybe a combination of hot air into the carb and summer blend gas...

I run the same REC90 in mine and it seems to like it (I'm a couple miles from Lake Allatoona).

My car always runs better in the winter. I'm not an expert but maybe a combination of hot air into the carb and summer blend gas...

Costs a bit more, but I run it in the car and all my lawn equipment and Sea-Doos! 93 means nothing to me if it is mixed with ethanol!

It's been hotter than a popcorn fart almost everywhere. Everything is running hot. Hell, airports are folding up like chewed bubble gum.

Mine ran great on Sonoco 93 no ethanol, a while back they had to start putting up to 10% ethanol now I can't get it to run good no matter what I do! I have an MSD fuel injection setup on the shelve I guess its time to get off my lazy *** (bad back) and install it. After all most of you fuel injection guys say your cars run so much better and you would never turn back.

Jeff

-
Back