Anyone ever have diecast parts rechromed??

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
I have an emblem a couple small vinyl top trim pieces, a couple small rear quarter window trim pieces and two fender extensions i need rechromed. None of the parts are available repops. Just for the fender extension chrome one local shop wants $350. They also said about $150 for the 4 small pieces two are about an inch long and the other two maybe 3in long. Is there anyone out there more reasonable on prices?? Seems I might be better off trying to find NOS or nice quality used parts. A couple other shops told me they wont touch any of it because its diecast. thanks for any tips
Mark

I use to have a place in Paw Paw Mi do that kind of stuff but it's been awhile.As i recall it's pricy because number 1 it's a lot of work and I believe one of the steps is a cyanide bath.

Problem with NOS is that a lot of those parts where rejects that have imperfections and where sent out to the parts departments because they where not good enough for line cars. Much of the repo chrome don't hold up very long. AIH in Dubuque Iowa does very nice rechroming work on diecast and has a transferable lifetime guarantee. I have had some diecast pieces done for almost 20 years and they still look better than new. Excellent quality but not cheap. Ask for Steve and tell him Don from PA sent you

-
Back