Anyone Ever Seen This Piece

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Wood grain window crank escutcheons.

I'm trying to find 3 more of these for my E body. Not having any luck with the Google machine. So, I'm hoping one of the old timers can point me in the right direction.

I can see where the escutcheon wore a ring into the door panel, so I was thinking they might have come from the factory when the car was new.

Any ideas where to get 3 more?

Thank you.

0703202159d[1].jpg

Never seen these but what is the Year, make and Model?
Not sure if its a trim package either.

You're gonna have to make those. They haven't been in jc Whitney since the eighties

If its not Mopar or Direct Connection, it may be time to retire those bad boys.

Had a place many years ago,Acme Auto that pretty much sold every auto accessory you could imagine. Too bad they closed.

Not a factory E-body part. The factory pieces are just black plastic. The front and rear use different thicknesses.

I have many that came with the collection we brought home they are black same as a-body for the front rear are thicker

Ok, thanks for the info. Starting to sound like these aren't available any more.

Make them up . .

Rip a 2 x 2" piece of hardwood down to 1/4" thick.

Drill out a bunch of them with a 1 1/2" hole saw. Chuck them up in your drill press with a 1/4" bolt (like being in a lathe).

Sand them to shape with the proper top side arc. Then open up the center hole with a 5/8" drill bit carefully.

Wipe on some wood stain of your choice, Tung Oil products are are good choice.

Good to go, as much fun to make as they are to use . . .

photo-large-hd.jpg

Never from the factory like that.

Someone replaced the plastic bezels.

Ok, sounds like the mystery has been solved. Not a factory Mopar piece. I'll see about getting some black ones.

-
Back