anyone have a 67 thru 69 barracuda convertible with a white interior?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
Hey all I was curious if anyone has a 67 thru 69 barracuda convertible that has white seats and white door covers but has black carpet and a black dash. What I'm looking for is how the back seat plastic panels are painted. Are they painted like the front door with the top part painted black and the bottom section painted black? My body shop guy wanted a detail of how to paint these panels since I'm changing the interior color of my convertible project car. Any pictures of one would be great.
Thanks in advance
Pat Faley
67 Notch back barracuda
69 convertible project
East Peoria, IL

Hey all I was curious if anyone has a 67 thru 69 barracuda convertible that has white seats and white door covers but has black carpet and a black dash. What I'm looking for is how the back seat plastic panels are painted. Are they painted like the front door with the top part painted black and the bottom section painted black? My body shop guy wanted a detail of how to paint these panels since I'm changing the interior color of my convertible project car. Any pictures of one would be great.
Thanks in advance
Pat Faley
67 Notch back barracuda
69 convertible project
East Peoria, IL

All seat backs I have ever seen match the seat cover color. I would contact Lengendary Interior to confirm that is correct. Here is a picture I found on the net but the backs are poorly attached.

Attachments

• 1968_plymouth_barracuda_convertible_7-800-600.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,153
By the way, NO plastic seat backs on any 67-69 A-body. The 67s were metal and the 68-69 were carbdoard covered with vinyl. The reason those seat backs don't fit properly is that the seat covers are too tight (don't ask me how I know...).

The part that I'm talking about is the plastic side panels in the back. The picture that was posted was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
Pat Faley

Here's the back of my seats in my white interior 1967 Barracuda Vert.

I'm sorry if i wrote what I was looking for the wrong way but, what I was truley looking for was the back seat pastic side panels. I just wanted to see a color scheme with a white interior. I swore I read that post twice before I send it. Oh well it happens to best of us. Thanks for everyone that has posted back

Mine is all white with black carpet and dash.
vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

I can take a closer up picture if you want, but as you can see mine are white but have black on the top of them like the doors.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 575
I don't believe that a car with a white interior would have a white upper door frame!! They are always either body color, or in the case of a white convertible, they are black to match the dash frame and boot, to offer some effort of continuance throughout the car.

Look at the pics of mopardude's car, and check closely how well the upper door frames blend in with the black boot and dash frame. Now, try to picture the uppers in white!!!

I would not use the pic oklacarcollector offered as reference...that interior looks like a horrible attempt at refurbishment. Wrinkles, incorrect door panels, mismatched colors, and a white boot to boot!! Not dissin' you Okla, but that interior is hideous!!! Geof

Im still tryin to decide what color interior to put in my B5 blue 69 Dart vert.
Love the look of white... but with a 7yr old and a dog, it may not be the best choice. ALSO- have noticed that all the "whites" are different shades. A few members have told me its tough to get color consistency with the whites. May end up with Medium Blue.
Obviously whatever color I decide on will affect the back panel color. But- the upper door frame will be the car color (B5 blue) regardless of what I go with.
I have a white top and (personally) like the look of white boot.

I don't believe that a car with a white interior would have a white upper door frame!! They are always either body color, or in the case of a white convertible, they are black to match the dash frame and boot, to offer some effort of continuance throughout the car.

Look at the pics of mopardude's car, and check closely how well the upper door frames blend in with the black boot and dash frame. Now, try to picture the uppers in white!!!

I would not use the pic oklacarcollector offered as reference...that interior looks like a horrible attempt at refurbishment. Wrinkles, incorrect door panels, mismatched colors, and a white boot to boot!! Not dissin' you Okla, but that interior is hideous!!! Geof

I have to agree that interior is horribly done but it answered the original question since he was asking about the seat backs and that was the only picture that I found that showing the seat backs. What he really wanted to know is how the interior rear panels are colored.

Im still tryin to decide what color interior to put in my B5 blue 69 Dart vert.
Love the look of white... but with a 7yr old and a dog, it may not be the best choice. ALSO- have noticed that all the "whites" are different shades. A few members have told me its tough to get color consistency with the whites. May end up with Medium Blue.
Obviously whatever color I decide on will affect the back panel color. But- the upper door frame will be the car color (B5 blue) regardless of what I go with.
I have a white top and (personally) like the look of white boot.

Most of the cars I have seen the boot color matches the top color. I have no idea if that is what the factory did but it looks good and that is what I plan on doing also.

Factory made the boot color match the color of the seats. I liked the white boot better on my dark green 1967 Cuda with black interior better than the black one it came with and boy was I happy with the change. Pick whatever color turns you on.

It also had a black boot with a white interior. I think when it goes back together it will have a white boot. Our car was bought from the original owner and was in a garage for 12 or 13 years.

I am the second owner of my car, 32k on the clock when I got it. The int. was as you see it, new seat covers and top boot. Top is white also. Maybe it has something todo with the pearl white int.

I think we have figured out the original question was about rear interior side panels and not the seat backs. We've figured out those panels can be correct in 2 colors as well.
I'm going to ad this... The panels have 2 different surface textures and require 2 different finishes just like the front kick panels. The section that matches the vinyl is a flat sheen. Any glossy appearence there would come from how the texture effects the light hitting it or a little armourall.
The smooth areas should be a medium gloss. This includes the doors. You will see a high gloss just like the exterior finish put there, possibly all repainted at the same time.
So bottom line... verts rear interior panels should look like the same area of any other model. Only difference is the verts is all in one piece, again, just like the kick panels.

Thanks in advance
Pat Faley
67 Notch back barracuda
69 convertible project
East Peoria, IL

ice cream heaven cruise PAAM.jpg

my car.jpg

DSCN0159.JPG

DSCN0158.JPG

DSCN0157.JPG

I currently have two 68 Barracuda convertibles. Both have white interior. I my college days, I also had a 68 Barracuda convertible. It too had white interior. All three cars had white upper doors and the rear plastic side panels were completely white. Two of the cars had black dash, and carpet. one had green dash and carpet. I do believe that 67 may have been different, with upper doors and upper parts of the plastic panels painted to match the color of the carpet and dash. I believe the convertible boot would have matched the color of the upper panels.

There were lots of different options but I'm not 100% sure on what dictated the upper door color. You could get white/black, white/blue, white/green, white/burgundy and white/gold interiors.(I'm looking at the 68 dealer brochure. Other years could be different as far as available color combinations)According to the brochure, the second color indicates the color of the carpet, instrument panel, garnish molding, steering wheel and headliner.(this is a general rule and not limited to just convertibles)
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1968/39.jpg

@Jim 68cuda What was the original top color on your cars? My 68 Dart convertible has white/black interior and a white top. My upper doors are white as well. I wonder if the convertible top color had a play in what color the upper doors were painted? If my car would have come with a black top, I wonder if it would have come with black upper door frames?

It's my understanding that the top "boot" was color matched to the top color...no matter what the interior color was.

It would be nice to have a complete list of available color combinations and what upper door frame paint came with what combination.

There were lots of different options but I'm not 100% sure on what dictated the upper door color. You could get white/black, white/blue, white/green, white/burgundy and white/gold interiors.(I'm looking at the 68 dealer brochure. Other years could be different as far as available color combinations)According to the brochure, the second color indicates the color of the carpet, instrument panel, garnish molding, steering wheel and headliner.(this is a general rule and not limited to just convertibles)
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1968/39.jpg

@Jim 68cuda What was the original top color on your cars? My 68 Dart convertible has white/black interior and a white top. My upper doors are white as well. I wonder if the convertible top color had a play in what color the upper doors were painted? If my car would have come with a black top, I wonder if it would have come with black upper door frames?

It's my understanding that the top "boot" was color matched to the top color...no matter what the interior color was.

It would be nice to have a complete list of available color combinations and what upper door frame paint came with what combination.

The blue with white/black standard interior 68 convertible I had in my school days originally had a white top. The green with white/green deluxe interior 68 convertible I have now (changed to turquoise with white/black interior) had a white top originally. The green with white/black deluxe interior Formula S convertible I have now currently has a black top but it's not the original top. Not sure but I think the original top was white. All three had white boots. My 68 Dart has all blue interior and blue boot and originally had a white top.

All three had white tops originally and all three had white upper door paint. Interesting thanks.

-
Back