Anyone have a dodge journey ?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
The boy will be driving soon so I'm thinking of "upgrading" my wife to a 2018 dodge journey

The local dealer has one that hasn't sold and is slowly coming down in price

I'm not in a rush to buy one, but if the price is right, I don't mind driving out there tomorrow and picking it up

So, anything I should know about these ?

I drove quite a few rentals a few years ago, I liked them and wouldn't mind having one. In fact, I specifically requested one at Enterprise each time or a Charger.
That said, I would Google "Dodge Journey Issues" and see what pops up. I take it that America didn't embrace them and rarely, if ever, see one on the roads around here.

I drove quite a few rentals a few years ago, I liked them and wouldn't mind having one. In fact, I specifically requested one at Enterprise each time or a Charger.
That said, I would Google "Dodge Journey Issues" and see what pops up. I take it that America didn't embrace them and rarely, if ever, see one on the roads around here.
Thanks, I found nothing that really alarmed me googling it, but you know how it goes, people don't go online to let you know things are OK, they get online to gripe
(And I really didn't find much bad rep for the 2018)

For what it's worth, the one I'm looking at is loaded to the gills

As far as not seeing them on the road, when was the last time you looked for them?

I went on a trip over the weekend and took my truck, at some point I saw another one in the same color, so now I started looking for them

I prolly saw 30 to 40 of em over the long weekend...but I was looking for em

My daily driver is a 2013 FWD Crew model that we bought new. It just turned 119,000 miles this morning. The only trouble I've has were the front bearings needed to be replaced at about 95,000 miles. The power steering pump also needed to be replaced shortly after. Fortunately both were covered under warranty. I wish we (Chrysler) still made them, I'd buy another.

I drive one about once a week like a rental. It has about 30k miles. A second of valve clatter from initial start up after sitting a week but no other issues. The back up camera is very useful.

My sister has a 2012 one since 2013 or 2014, no issues other than a leaky trans pan gasket and a battery which is in a dumb place in the d/s wheel well. Otherwise good, no rust, hers is loaded up, everything works.

We used to make parts for them here in middle Tennessee,,,,OEM parts .
I’m like most people,,,I never could remember seeing them much,,,,but we made a ton of parts for them .
It was the main bracket in the seat recliner mechanism,,,,,made like a battle ship !
That part will never fail !

Tommy

My daily driver is a 2013 FWD Crew model that we bought new. It just turned 119,000 miles this morning. The only trouble I've has were the front bearings needed to be replaced at about 95,000 miles. The power steering pump also needed to be replaced shortly after. Fortunately both were covered under warranty. I wish we (Chrysler) still made them, I'd buy another.
How was it to replace those bearings ?

Several years ago we had a Mazda that had the rear wheel bearings go out, what a pain that was

The one I'm looking at is an AWD GT model

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and set up an appointment for over lunch on Thursday

Well see if it "doesn't look too much like a mini van"
If it does, I'm gonna have to start searching for a durango (I hear you can get them with the hemi)

took it out for a test drive, the wife liked it, so we bought it :)

My Wife has a 2016 SE 2.4 that she bought new. 120,000 miles and only had to replace 1 sensor. No problems with Bearings or P/S pump. A/C still works but has always been a little noisy. Battery a pain to replace. Just recently replaced the Alternator. It was still good, but the front Pulley was a little noisy

rarely, if ever, see one on the roads around here.
Picked it up yesterday and drove it to the dentist this morning

(That's mine on the left)

Resized_20240906_101051.jpeg

I stand by my claim. Maybe they migrated to Yooper and points South:usflag:

Congratulations on the purchase :thumbsup:

Next time I'm at my local Dodge store (and former employer) I'll walk around the lot and see if there are any around :)

I stand by my claim. Maybe they migrated to Yooper and points South:usflag:

Congratulations on the purchase :thumbsup:

Next time I'm at my local Dodge store (and former employer) I'll walk around the lot and see if there are any around :)
thanks

since they might mostly be mom cars, i can see them being accident prone

the one we got i really like though, 2018, 75K miles, looks to be well taken care off
funny thing, they hadnts wiped the navigation so we looked up some of thier points of interest, and weve been to about half of them

How was it to replace those bearings ?

Several years ago we had a Mazda that had the rear wheel bearings go out, what a pain that was

The one I'm looking at is an AWD GT model

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and set up an appointment for over lunch on Thursday

Well see if it "doesn't look too much like a mini van"
If it does, I'm gonna have to start searching for a durango (I hear you can get them with the hemi)

It was under warranty, so the dealership took care of it.

-
Back