anyone have pics of headman 78500 tight tubes in 73 dart

-
They fit snug around a p/s box, but good clearance...I had to rotate my engine out of the mounts on the driver side just long enough to drop the header in, but after that, it was pretty easy manuevering the gasket in...would probably be easier with the valve cover off.

Dunno if this matters for your build or not, but I've found out the hard way on Magnum blocks there is a casting bump on the driver side directly beneath the collector...if you don't grind this casting down or dent the crap out of the collector plenum, you won't get the center primaries to seal. I gotta pull the damn thing off again this next weekend before I get the car inspected and I'm here to tell you, taking those collector bolts off and putting them back on again afterwards is no picnic.

They tuck nicely, and work great, but require patience, u-joint sockets, and a stubby wrench to make the job more tolerable-so buy good gaskets. Also, you can get away with the stock starter, but you'll thank yourself a thousand times later if you go with a late model mini starter...if you look on that link SirDan posted, I put up pics of how mine came out on about page 8 I think. The muffler shop did a helluva job, but he took 6 hours to do it, and had to cut/mate together 6 mandrel u bends to get it clear of the steering parts...wasn't cheap either...you could probably save half the cost of labor just going under the steering linkages, but the risk of smacking speed bumps becomes a little more of a concern-especially if your car is lowered.

just food for thought...

Edit: Wow, I really need to look at the last reply date before replying...geez

-
Back