Anyone knows anything about PW SBM Head?

-

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these PW SBM Head?

I'm guessing there just someone else's head rebranded for Canada.

Cad there $1,500 bare and $2,500 complete that's like $1,100-1,800 Usd, good thing is I can just pick them up locally.

Don't like they flowed it on a 4.25" bore, flow ain't looking too bad wish for a little more .300" would of been nice.

1722550930235.png

1722550764840.png

From what I'm told they rival Edelbrock for flow and blow them out of the water for quality and price. This I'm told by a machinist, engine builder friend who works at JB Powercenter and sells them. He tells me regularly that Edelbrock is no longer competitive due to pricing and poor quality.

Exhaust numbers are a little misleading because he used a pipe on the exhaust. Those look like stock Speedmaster numbers to me.

No sure who in there right might flows a head like that on a 4.250 head adapter. I can never get accused of that as I use a 4.015 bore adapter.

I’d be very surprised if they weren’t the Steven Sun head in yet another box.
Speedmaster, Toth, Sidewinder, Promaxx…….and PW.

I’d be very surprised if they weren’t the Steven Sun head in yet another box.
Speedmaster, Toth, Sidewinder, Promaxx…….and PW.
That would be ok, Just kind want to know what I'm getting if I bought a set.

From what I'm told they rival Edelbrock for flow and blow them out of the water for quality and price. This I'm told by a machinist, engine builder friend who works at JB Powercenter and sells them. He tells me regularly that Edelbrock is no longer competitive due to pricing and poor quality.
I can personally agree on Edelbrock bought a set last year and u can tell Vic is gone quality was pretty shitty
PB - racer said it's his last set and said the China offerings looked better out of the box
Dam shame.

I can personally agree on Edelbrock bought a set last year and u can tell Vic is gone quality was pretty shitty
PB - racer said it's his last set and said the China offerings looked better out of the box
Dam shame.
Although I've not had their heads, I've personally had quality control issues with 2 brand new AVS-2 carbs, and a new intake.

Sorry, I shouldn't derail this thread.

Although I've not had their heads, I've personally had quality control issues with 2 brand new AVS-2 carbs, and a new intake.

Sorry, I shouldn't derail this thread.
It's all good :)

These dudes from BC. only concern was the pedestal height for a set of BBC heads. The stock guide plate geometry does not work. Exhaust rocker stud pad was about .250 inch different than stock. BUT this is BBC, so who cares.
20230714_142345.jpg
20230620_160705.jpg

i haven't used the PW heads personally but the local speed shop has sold a ton of them. the quality is very good.

Cad there $1,500 bare and $2,500 complete that's like $1,100-1,800 Usd, good thing is I can just pick them up locally.

He’s gotta be making a killing on those heads at that pricing.

-
Back