ANYONE RECOGNIZE THESE?

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

These were on a '71 Demon parts car........Obviously not original.

The fan is about 20 inches in diameter, and the rad core is 26 inches wide by 18 inches tall. The closest I could come up with for the rad number is a 1977 Le Baron based on a quick Google. Anything else?? Thanks FABO

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

Maybe a rad for 73 and up A body, when they went to the wider radiator. Definitely not 72 and earlier. Someone with a 73 and later parts book may add on here, hopefully.

Maybe a rad for 73 and up A body, when they went to the wider radiator. Definitely not 72 and earlier. Someone with a 73 and later parts book may add on here, hopefully.
Definitely not a 74 or 75 radiator as those years start with 3692xyz and 3781xyz respectively across the entire lineup.

My 75 Plymouth with 318 had that device in the left top of the radiator. It is called a TIC valve, Thermal Ignition Control. Did it work? who knows and probably removed when any maintenance was done. Book says when engine temp. was 225 would increase ignition timing to make engine run faster to cool it down.

While it may fit other years, this radiator was only listed for 1977. It came out of a Volare, Aspen, Le Baron or Diplomat with 318 engine and AC. The 20 inch five blade fan was used on many small block engines from 1974 thru 1979.
Part number for fan is 3462190.

-
Back