Appliance reviews?

General Discussion

1. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:12 AM
    Speed Queen. Costs a bit more, but it’s commercial construction - washer weighs about 40 lbs more than competitors. Does a full load in less than 30 minutes...and they are clean.

Ours has the digital controls. Everything made in the USA. After owning Maytag, Whirlpool, GE and Kenmore, we’ll never own anything other than a Speed Queen

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • dartslantsix

dartslantsix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      10:12 PM
      I also went with Speedqueen because it was a simple machine. No electronics and is supposed to last a long time. Our appliance store recommended against LG and Samsung as well.
      Previously messed with a stupid front load where the "brain" died and it wouldn't spin. Fixed that and then it started leaking grease into the clothes.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • 4spdragtop

4spdragtop FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Never heard of Speedqueen until now. Looks like same company as Huebsch?
        A Ma and Pa shop close to us sell Huebsch.
        Thanks all

• K.O. SWINGER

K.O. SWINGER Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I was a certified appliance technician back in the 80sTook a year of schooling on appliance repair and a year of schooling on domestic Refrigeration. During the appliance repair year we rebuilt every major brand from the water pump to the timer Maytag Speed Queen and Kenmore were the three top brands. Now everything is built to be disposable. Many of the major brands share components. I am not a fan of front loaders too much to go wrong and expensive to fix. I would go middle of the line top loader Speed Queen Frigidaire or Maytag not too many thrills they just break and don't spend too much money. Unless you just have to have creature features. Avoid overloading ! step up to the table and roll the dice LOL

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • 4spdragtop

Local Time:
          Ok so Lori remarked to her mom that lives with us that Corona will be over before I order a new washing machine....lol. I talked to a local Ma and Pa place Appliance Parts and Services Peterborough | Home | AAA Otonabee Appliances
          Up here in Canada Speed Queen operates under the name Huebsch(division of Alliance laundry). Price was $1400 Cdn ++. Rated the best, but almost double the price of her 2nd recommendation which was Frigidaire. After doing some investigating into the extended warranty and price shopping, Home Depot was approx $75 cheaper, BUT 3rd party extended warranty provided by Comerco based out of Quebec. Warranty cost was slightly cheaper at HD. Google Comerco..HORRIFIC reviews. And Lori wonders why I research the heck out of stuff lol. So I went with Otonabee Appliances, they provide the extended warranty. Free delivery to driveway. Wont come in due to Covid or remove the old machine. No big deal. Steel bin down the road I can dump it at. We got bit before on a big screen tv from "The Brick"
          Heres link to shitty company do beware.
          Comerco
          I'm glad to pay a little more for integrity.
          Also go to homestars.com for company reviews, great site.
          Thanks for the input as always.
          Oh tomorrow delivery as well from Otonabee

• Like Like x 1
          • Ottmundr

Ottmundr 68 Fastback

Local Time:
            10:12 PM
            I'd recommend a washer and dryer with at least C's and avoid the blonde and brunette models It is unwise to have an appliance with a soul (see Christine for this reasoning), I would recommend a ginger.

:lol:
            her-stop-it-im-trying-to-put-a-load-in-42779252.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
            • Like Like x 4
            • fratzog lover

fratzog lover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              1:12 AM
              I put a splitter on the cold faucet which is on the wall 8 inches starboard. A 24 inch hose and you can add all the water you want after the "Govt Mandated Fill" LOL
              Or get your 5 gallon Lowes bucket and fill it in the tub. Of course this only helps us people with top loaders.

• JoePole1

JoePole1 A dude in a B body FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
              1:12 AM
              We purchased an LG top loader about 3 years ago and it has been a POS from the start. Had service come out 2x for repairs. Worked well for a few months and then same imbalance problems. Don't know why but we didn't get the longer warranty and now we are stuck with a $700 clothes wetter. We have tried loading it
              in every way possible and nothing seems to work. I can't even sell it. My wife is going to bash it into little pieces one day. Sure I'll pretend to be mad but deep down I will enjoy the show. I would avoid LG and avoid top loaders and get one with an agitator.

edit....avoid top loaders WITHOUT agitator.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
              • Like Like x 1
              • 4spdragtop

Local Time:
                Toploaders till the day I die, everything is a roll of the dice, but the reviews for the Frigidaire we bought were all good. It has "Max fill" option, so hopefully that satisfies Lori:rolleyes:. If she nicknames it Barry, I'm in trouble...

• Teeth & Tires

Teeth & Tires A-retentive

Local Time:
                11:12 PM
                She'll nickname it "Steven Wright" because it'll be so dry.

:lol:

"Max Fill" doesn't mean to the top. You'll see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.