Are old A/C bracket mounts needed for Sanden compressor?

-

g413

Reaction score
My 67 Barracuda came with factory A/C. I have removed the compressor for now, but I will eventually be going back with a newer Sanden compressor. Do these retrofit compressors use existing brackets, or do they use their own.

I need to pull the water pump, and now is the time to remove that front bracket if it is not needed.

I haven't seen any kits that leverage the factory AC brackets, so remove them. I assume yours are for the RV2 cast-iron beast. What engine? If a SB or BB, see Bouchillon Performance Engineering (or such) and others.

There are slant brackets, but hard to find pictures. I found a Volare slant in the JY w/ a Sanden compressor, so took the brackets. I understand that was factory in some years. Perhaps V-8's used Sandens those same years. If no p.s., it looks fairly easy to mount a Sanden on the slant's pad, using a "York to Sanden" adjustable adapter (ebay). One guy in Malaysia did that w/ a custom bracket.

I made adapters out of 3/16" aluminum. They are a simple C-shaped piece with holes to match the compressor and the old mounting bracket. Sorry, no pictures.

My engine is a 318 and it does have the RV2 compressor.

My engine is later model--post 70-- in my 67. So my approach is to get brackets of an original Sanden equipped engine, such as an 80's pickup or other vehicle. In fact I have "most of this" now including the compressor.

Of course LOL I may not live long enough to realize all of this........

-
Back