Are Speedmaster Heads Good? I've Heard a Lot of Bad Press on Edelbrock 340 Heads Lately

-
Let's see, Unported Speedmasters out of the box to CNC Ported Trick Flows. The Speedmasters are 1 small step better than OOTB Edelbrock's and ported Trick flows are a step away from W2's. They better give you 50 horsepower on an engine like that.

Mmmm since the TrickFlow heads are ported we gotta compare them to ported W2 heads. And that’s no comparison as the W2 heads would kick the TrickFlow heads butt.

Mmmm since the TrickFlow heads are ported we gotta compare them to ported W2 heads. And that’s no comparison as the W2 heads would kick the TrickFlow heads butt.
I am thinking flow numbers off the top of my head. I'm sure the cnc Speedmasters wouldn't come close to the TF's and the cnc TF's probably flow less than a untouched W2. I don't know the numbers. Just guessing.

I am thinking flow numbers off the top of my head. I'm sure the cnc Speedmasters wouldn't come close to the TF's and the cnc TF's probably flow less than a untouched W2. I don't know the numbers. Just guessing.

TrickFlows max out around 300. My stock W2 head’s years ago stock flowed [email protected] then fell on their face. With a little port work and the stock 3/8 (2.02 valve) they easily went over 300. I’m sure with a 2.08 (11/32 valve) they could push the 330 cfm area and probably more really leaning on them. Such a beautiful shot side.

Last edited:
Even more impressive. It had better make 50 more horse on a well prepped small block.

Well, I found my “769” W2 race head flow sheet but I can’t quickly find the ported sheet. It went 324cfm with a 2.08 valve.
I don’t remember the valve stem size though. I know I should!

This particular head was the latest and last head with MP revisions.

70883096589__27C2F965-2BBF-4B1D-B60B-50974E4465E1.jpeg

Weren't Speedmaster parts pulled from the shelves at Summit and Jegs because of some sort of copyright violation?

Weren't Speedmaster parts pulled from the shelves at Summit and Jegs because of some sort of copyright violation?
I just did a search at Summit Racing, zero speedmaster parts

Valve bodies but I don't know about all their part…

After checking Jegs, I did t find any Speedmaster parts in there listings.

I did find “JEGS” branded parts.

I’m s it the same foundry? Maybe, maybe not. IDK.

Last edited:
After checking Jegs, I did t find any Speedmaster parts in there listings.

I did find “JEGS” branded parts.

I’m s it the same foundry? Maybe, maybe not. IDK.
Interesting. That could be. Somehow I doubt if they have a foundry in Ohio private labeling product for them. :lol:

I thought it a bit odd that they would pull all of the products of Speedmaster from the shelves. Maybe a CYA move?

There's a barge off of pier1 that has all your speedmaster needs. or you can go to Ohio and pickup quality Trick flow parts. lol

-
Back