Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How about we use this thread to share info about local Arizona shows & events.

The weather is great & car season is ON!!

We're considering going to the Pavilions show this Sat 9/21.......3rd Sat of the month is Mopar night there.

The temps are finally cooling off 8)

I'll send a couple PMs to some local FABO members to see if there's anyone else going.

Now that it's cooling off, I could get down there for some goofin off once in awhile.

We're considering going to the Pavilions show this Sat 9/21.......3rd Sat of the month is Mopar night there.

The temps are finally cooling off 8)

I'll send a couple PMs to some local FABO members to see if there's anyone else going.

Let me know. If the car starts up when I go back in the garage, I should be there.
I will need more info please

Let me know. If the car starts up when I go back in the garage, I should be there.
I will need more info please

Hi Pawned........I hope your car starts & always hope mine does too LOL

The weekly show is @ the 101 & Indian Bend Road. It's in the McDonalds parking lot and impossible to miss. Pretty sure we're going with a couple other FABO members sometime after 4pm. Would be great to meet U :thumblef:

Hi Pawned........I hope your car starts & always hope mine does too LOL

The weekly show is @ the 101 & Indian Bend Road. It's in the McDonalds parking lot and impossible to miss. Pretty sure we're going with a couple other FABO members sometime after 4pm. Would be great to meet U :thumblef:

I had to replace the fuel filter. The guy I bought it from claims he replaced it before I bought it. I have driven it maybe 40 miles and as the picture shows it was not letting the gas thru.
I put on the new tank and filled it up today. Leaked like a sieve. I just reset the sending unit. I used some liquid gasket under the rubber gasket. Just waiting for it to cure. Will check for leaks in the morning.
I do not see why it will not seal this time, so I am confident I will make it over to the show.

Ed

Attachments

• 2013-09-19 15.17.37.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 2013-09-19 15.15.56.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,098
Yuck!!!!! What a mess ... a neglected mess for way too long. Your car is lucky to have you for an owner Pawned. :-D

I'm going to have to pass this time around (again) but I'll make it sometime.
Y'all enjoy your day and be safe as ya can.

I'm bringing my Grandson tonite to check out the "A Bodies"...I'll be parked in the new Challenger section thou!!!

Have to add...I went to the car show & tried to park with the new Challenger owners & intended to join their club, however they were snobby & rude and acted like I was intruding on them...looked around for some A-Bodies but not many Mopars present at the time so I left....I don't think I'll ever return to the pavillions again!!

I'm sorry to read about your experience varmintjcl. You have to remember that some of the people that attend have been going for years, so it takes a couple tries to get the feel of the show.........

Don't get discouraged & we'll try to organize another get together real soon. I'll send you a PM with more detailed info next time, so you can find us........

We had a great time and met a couple new FABO members too :thumblef:

Fun evening & thanks to everyone that attended & took the time to come by & say hello 8-)

I had my Grandson with me and we were both excited about the possibility of meeting some folks that have been thru a restoration like the one he & I are undertaking...If we ever go back to Scottsdale pavilions I'll never even consider speaking with the group hanging out in the new Challenger area!!! It was the biggest letdown I've ever experienced at a car show, and I hoped to show my Grandson what a great group of people the car enthusiasts were!! Not a good way to create interest with the younger generation for sure!!
Thanks for the encouragement 6pak & it would be great to attend a meet-up with some real enthusiasts....

I'm sorry to read about your experience varmintjcl. You have to remember that some of the people that attend have been going for years, so it takes a couple tries to get the feel of the show.........

Don't get discouraged & we'll try to organize another get together real soon. I'll send you a PM with more detailed info next time, so you can find us........

We had a great time and met a couple new FABO members too :thumblef:

Fun evening & thanks to everyone that attended & took the time to come by & say hello 8-)

How late did you stay? Natalie drove great both ways last night. The instrument cluster lights were barely noticeable. I think I have spent more time on that cluster than the rest of the car.
Next time I will bring the wife. I thought she might be bored so I told her to stay home. Little did I know the scope of the thing.
Someone told me there is a show north of Phx on I-17, Does anyone know about that one?

Thanks for the encouragement 6pak & it would be great to attend a meet-up with some real enthusiasts....

That's the spirit & yes there's many real enthusiasts in the hobby :D

Give it another try........I know you'd enjoy yourself & your Grandson would too :cheers:

How late did you stay? Natalie drove great both ways last night. The instrument cluster lights were barely noticeable. I think I have spent more time on that cluster than the rest of the car.
Next time I will bring the wife. I thought she might be bored so I told her to stay home. Little did I know the scope of the thing.
Someone told me there is a show north of Phx on I-17, Does anyone know about that one?

We left around 8:15 or so. The later evening hours bring out the younger (foreign) car enthusiasts.......:smile:

Yes, bring your wife next time. It's really a family friendly atmosphere as I'm sure you noticed. It was great to meet you & glad you enjoyed yourself :thumblef:

I just finished upgrading the lights in my dash cluster & last night was the 1st real test driving @ night. I'm more than pleased with the results.......:D

I think I'll check the turnout tonite at kmart superstition springs in east mesa...

I think I'll check the turnout tonite at kmart superstition springs in east mesa...

If I did not have the car torn apart I would probably go there also. Not so much for the show, but I am making small trips in the car to make sure she is stable and look for shakes rattles and rolls

I think I'll check the turnout toniteonite at kmart superstition springs in east mesa...

I live around there. It's been small as of late. But nowth atthe weat heris cooli ngoff iI'm sure it will pick up quitea bit.

Does anyone have a list of Local shows?? We can pick and choose where to meet and to see who else is going

The Cruise on Central Oct 12th is lotsa fun. Have gone the last several years.

Kool FM Show on Oct 19th is HUGE. They moved the location from the Cardinals Stadium last year to Westgate City Center this year. I'm hoping it's a larger venue, as last year there were WAY more cars entered than they had room for.....:eek:ops:

-
Back