Arm Rest Base Mounting Location

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
I finally pieced together a set of front arm rests and bases for my 70 Duster, since when I got the car it didn't have any front or rear. One of the POs did a sort of rear seat delete mod, so I'm not so concerned about the rear arm rests. BUT not having front arm rests was unacceptable. Trying to close the doors with the window closed there is nothing to hold on to!!
My dilemma is that the current door panels on my Duster do not have any holes in them for locating where the bases go. If I pull the door panels off will there be holes in the cardboard-ish backing of the panels, just not poked thru the covering? You can see in this picture the passenger side panel somewhat.
Interior1.jpg

There should be.

Also you should be able to see where the vafmreast base goes and the screw holes .

Most likely you can feel the holes in the fiber board through the vinyl

There should be.

Also you should be able to see where the vafmreast base goes and the screw holes .

Most likely you can feel the holes in the fiber board through the vinyl

I tried that trick earlier today with no luck. I only had a couple minutes while getting ready for work though. I see that the bases have guide posts too, so there should be holes for them as well, right?

-
Back