At 69, this old man is going back to............

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
WORK. Got the phone call this morning, start tomorrow. 4 six hour days They wanted 30. I don't want to get into a drudgery, stress, demanding "thing." If it works out and I'm physically/ mentally able, long term. Building niche market power wheel chairs here locally. Starts out mostly bench work, mostly sit down. Building cables, testing motor inventory (match motors for speed and load) and finishing power components on circuit boards. Seem like a fairly laid back outfit, ?? 15 or so people, looks to be. "I'm so new" I haven't even gotten the "big tour" yet.

hqdefault.jpg

priestlake_hvlp_or.jpg

Congratulations, sounds like a great deal. I went back to work in a small mattress retail store. Work Monday and Tuesday or more if I need to.

Sounds pretty cool. Since I retired I've had numerous job offers (machinist). I kindly say "Thanks but no thanks...but I'll keep you guys in mind!!"
I wouldn't mind working but just can't stomach having to get up at a certain time and "clocking in" to anywhere. I love doing machine work but hate having to keep a schedule.

treblig

That is a good thing and your helping out the handicapped and ole timers like a some of us on here. Now when you design one that will 60' in the 1.25 area, contact me.

I hope I get an opportunity to enrich people's lives like that at that age.

If I even make it that far.

That is a good thing and your helping out the handicapped and ole timers like a some of us on here. Now when you design one that will 60' in the 1.25 area, contact me.

As these things go, at least one model of this chair is relatively fast, I think they were saying 12.X MPH? That is FAST is something that short, narrow and "glitchy" so far as steering

The motors in these things are HUGE........they resemble a condenser fan motor in say, a 2 1/2 AC outdoor unit

Here we go.........
http://www.wheelchairs.com/fast.htm
top_speed_chart.jpg

Id need a helmet going tjat fast lol.
Congratulations Del! They are getting a great electrical mind and an asset.

There is hope for a new style of racing for us old farts in the future! 11.5 in a chair is hauling A$$!

Anyone know or have any info on a scooter called the Cricket? I like the wide seat, basket in the back and the fact it has 4 larger tires than most. They cost like 2900-3400 bucks. My back just won't let me walk the swap meets any more.

That's great . I think it's great that you are working at a place making all terrain chairs for the handicap.
A very worthwhile endeavor.

Eleven point six mph downhill Maybe!! Bounders are the biggest piece of crap wheelchairs that are out there. Ask me how I know. There's a $35,000 piece of **** sitting in my garage right now that I would gladly sell for $2500. it's the biggest mistake I've ever done since I've been paralyzed the last 30 years. I would never encourage or want anyone to purchase one of those. It originally went 17 mph, but it wouldn't go up hill ( all top end, no low end). It was re-geared ang now goes about 10 mph, but it won't go through the thick grass in my yard, nor will it go uphill still. It has broken many times, belts, gears, lights, andthe joystick is not responsive and the thing weighs a ton. It didn't come as ordered either. I much rather prefer my 9 year old old motion designs Quickie power chair for daily use to my three year old, barely used Bounder.
Anyone want to buy a barely used blunder, I mean Bounder, wheelchair?

Last edited:
Congratulations Del! I was hopin you would get it. Threw in a prayer to the man upstairs. You will be one hell of an asset!

Don't believe the advertisements for the chair. The owner is full of himself and sells junk. I am glad for you getting work, but this big heavy, motored piece of junk that only goes on asphalt (dont believe the pictures) is worthless. I absolutely hate it, and I can't get a new one I until 2020.

LOL! sounds like the part time job I need ---tue and thurs.

Congratulations Del!! I hope you are happy and I know they would be getting some great help from you :thumbsup:

Del - congrats! :thumbsup: - - from what I am reading they are picking up a knowledgeable guy. Hey, maybe you can assist with some R&D and help fix what Valiant63 is complaining about..

-
Back