Att: Brett // Lakewood Bracket Question

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
In a previous post I mentioned a problem with my Z bar attaching pivot on my Lakewood scattersheild and Brett mentioned an adapter. Does it look anything like the one in the bottom of this picture?
20048304108122096966221.jpg

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I'm in a bind.... :eye:

The black one on the top left looks like mine. I got a new Z bar kit from Jim's parts. Mine works fine. Are you sure that those are correct? did they come off the car or did you just put the pieces together a long the way?

BARRACUDA340S said:
The black one on the top left looks like mine. I got a new Z bar kit from Jim's parts. Mine works fine. Are you sure that those are correct? did they come off the car or did you just put the pieces together a long the way?

Mine was cobbled together from bits-n-pieces that I picked up here and there. With the exception of my Z bar that was "massaged" with a hot wrench, everything operated fine. No binding, high pedal, full release, and no grinding. Geometry was parallel & square. I just have no idea what pieces I used. I know I had a B body fork in the stock bellhousing because I had to use an A body fork in the scattershield. My clutch set up is the actual definition of bastardized. It has worked flawlessly for 2 yrs, now I want to improve on it and I get stuck.

<sigh.....>

you might want to order new parts that you know are right. The brackets may look similar but if they are off just a bit your gonna have headaches.

-
Back