Attention Kmart shoppers

-

Workingdog1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
That's really sad. After this one closes, there's only ONE left.

After we were burglarized and liquor and some guns were stolen Dad bought me a new Marlin semi-auto 22 for the whopping price of $ 39.99.
Of course Dad wouldn't buy ammo until on sale anywhere unless $ 5 for a brick aka a penny a round lmao.

Yes, I worked in the K Mart (now Rural King) garage here in Leesburg, FL, part time from 77-81. 6 large bays.

Our was mostly tires & balance,
batteries, fluid and filter changes, alignments. Items that could be fixed on the top of the engines, carb replacements, water pump, hoses, belts etc.

No heavy work

i remember my parents getting tires and batteries for their car at a k-mart. haven't had a k-mart around here in decades.. they kinda got dumpy over the years....

Yes, I worked in the K Mart (now Rural King) garage here in Leesburg, FL, part time from 77-81. 6 large bays.

Our was mostly tires & balance,
batteries, fluid and filter changes, alignments. Items that could be fixed on the top of the engines, carb replacements, water pump, hoses, belts etc.

No heavy work
Interesting, I thought they did alignments brakes etc. and sometimes frowned upon by teens as it was Kmart lol.

Kitty and I met at KMart when I was their alignment man. She was the garden shop manager. I call her my blue light special.

It's in Miami.

If I was retired already (1 year and 1 month to go) I might take a day trip down there to pick up some "key 8" merch and maybe catch one of the last BLS ever.

End of an era when shoppers switched from "The Big K" to wally world.

Do you also remember Kresge's?
Smaller stores but the same items, turquoise green color scheme, and "key" pricing structure.
That's where the "K" comes from.

I forgot about the garden department as was cheaper than competitors and a good selection of many needs !
Yeah Kitty even assembled all of the mowers and outdoor equipment. She still even has her forklift license that KMart made her get.

It's in Miami.

If I was retired already (1 year and 1 month to go) I might take a day trip down there to pick up some "key 8" merch and maybe catch one of the last BLS ever.

End of an era when shoppers switched from "The Big K" to wally world.

Do you also remember Kresge's?
Smaller stores but the same items, turquoise green color scheme, and "key" pricing structure.
That's where the "K" comes from.
I do remember Kresge's. We had one in Macon.

Heck we had Kmart across Canada too. My dad would go to the auto shop for tires, oil changes, etc. He also quite enjoyed the lunch counter inside the store, I remember they had excellent fries and gravy. I always thought Kresge's was a Canadian thing, learned something new today!

-
Back