Attn; Long Island Racers

-
This has been a very long fight since the red tape of greasing everyone’s hands and using the proper amount of butter on some asses has been a struggle to the people wanting a good safe place to race since the last drag track (West Hampton) had closed down.

The street racing here is becoming insane and a lot of the youth and sport bike riders acting and racing the roads at anytime of the day or night has a public outcry that has been ignored.

There is nothing more annoying than having a squad of wanna be racers slow down traffic to 20 mph on the Hwy so a few fools can run there junk. It gets worse when a wolf pack of 30-40+ bikes are weaving in and out of traffic at very high speeds while your driving with the family in mid day weekend traffic at 70 mph and brake lights are lighting up the Hwy like Christmas.

While you can read in the papers and see on TV the residents crying “They need a place to race “, there ultra quick to say “But not in my backyard!!!”

As always, it’s all about the money and who ever jumps on the bandwagon with there hand stretched out saying “Me to Mutha F’er!”

From the early days of the auto industry’s road racing through the hayday of big name yesteryears drag racers, this island used to be bustling with tracks. Now there’s 1 small NASCAR track. (1/4 mile) Hopefully soon to be 2!

The airport used to be part of Grumman. You could see F-14 Tomcats and anything else the mighty Grumman built at the airstrip.

I wonder why the long race is on the short runway, and the short races on the long one? Also, curious about tech. I wonder what will be required to run the half mile?

Awesome! I had a permanent race card retired at Englishtown, NJ
They killed that. I would be there in A NY minute!

Isnt it pronounced Lon Gisland???
Only to people outside a 200 mile radius of the area.
It’s actually closer to, and that’s it I got this right...

“Lawnguyland” — LMAO!

The first “A” sounds like an “O” to the rest of the world and then you just smash the two words together real hard for one word. Add a potato to the back of the throat and a pinch of a nasal whine, and ya got it.
:lol:

Only to people outside a 200 mile radius of the area.
It’s actually closer to, and that’s it I got this right...

“Lawnguyland” — LMAO!

The first “A” sounds like an “O” to the rest of the world and then you just smash the two words together real hard for one word. Add a potato to the back of the throat and a pinch of a nasal whine, and ya got it.
:lol:
]

THAT’S IT. LAWNGUYLAND. I got it now.

No doubt. Also the reason why many racers (& those wanting to) don’t bother with traveling over the crap roads, extreme toll bridges, heavy traffic for hours at a time. In theory, you could bicycle to and from the racetrack quicker than you can drive.

Hence on of reasons of the street racing issues on the island.

No doubt. Also the reason why many racers (& those wanting to) don’t bother with traveling over the crap roads, extreme toll bridges, heavy traffic for hours at a time. In theory, you could bicycle to and from the racetrack quicker than you can drive.

Hence on of reasons of the street racing issues on the island.
I never minded driving out there once I got there, every trip always ended up with over time. Broke down once on 495 West by Dix Hills , that was an adventure! Theres a couple racers from the Coram area and a few others from other places out there that travel every Saturday to compete at Island Dragway

Last edited:
-
Back