Auto to 4 Speed Conversion

-

Hoosier Dart

Hoosier Dart
Reaction score
I know it's probably one of the most-addressed subjects but could someone steer me to a few of the most complete, comprehensive, authorative and knowledgable sites, forums, articles, etc on converting a 68 Dart 6 cyl, AT to small V8, 4 speed. All the details from pedals to trans including photos, digrams and where to buy will be most helpful. Thank you.

Going from slant 6 to V8 is one topic and automatic to 4 speed is another. All the info you need is here in this forum but not all in one place.
I think the only short answer to your question would be www.forabodiesonly.com and the search button.

My bad. I'm primarily interested in the trans portion of the swap. The engine swap seems pretty straightforward. Thank you.

All of your trans swap questions would have been answered redundant times in the 4 speed forum including detailed pix. Most people DO NOT WANT to take the time to search and read. Its a good idea to educate yourself a bit, makes it a lot easier on you and the repliers. Just my .02

Hello, I just recently finished the swap you are about to start. Everything you need to know is within this forum in various places. My advice would be read a lot prior to starting. This will prevent you from making mistakes and buying mismatched parts. Unless you find a donor car, you will do best financially buying the pieces seperately at the best prices. Be careful with matching bell housing to z bar as this can create problems, and take your time cutting in the tunnel. The tunnel is probably the most difficult part of the conversion, and that in itself is pretty easy. The crank pilot creates considerations too. It is not really a hard job, but it is involved. Like I said, read everything here for a week or two. It will answer alot.

I feel like the effort required was well worth it.

Good Luck,

Rich

-
Back