Autocross/Road racing Power steering

-

Scat

Reaction score
What are the go to box’s out there? I know most people swear by the borgiseon box. Needs to be the smallest possible box due to gen 3 Hemi and headers. 73 a body is the car. Thanks

The Borgeson box from Peter Bergman (BAC) is the smallest you'll get I reckon. The coupler he sells is excellent too. If you need more ratio then some fast pitman/ idler arms would get you down around 10:1. Headers would be the limiter though. Talk to Peter.

I use mine on road course. I am very happy.

Bear in mind there are only so many power boxes "in the world" and as cars have gotten smaller, most have gone to rack/ pinion. there aren't all that many options. Even the box on my old Ranger was fairly large and heavy

We ran a stock gear in my son's '67 autocross Barracuda. Had no clearance problems with the 383 (with iron manifolds). No idea what the clearance issues are with the genIII.

What are the go to box’s out there? I know most people swear by the borgiseon box. Needs to be the smallest possible box due to gen 3 Hemi and headers. 73 a body is the car. Thanks
Have you heard of folks adapting current model Prius and other modern car electric power steering units to classic cars like Mopar A bodies? People have done that with 16:1 manual boxes.
Seems like electric ps would be a space and an engine power saver applicable to racing.
I believe that I saw a posting here on FABO that had how to information.

Have you heard of folks adapting current model Prius and other modern car electric power steering units to classic cars like Mopar A bodies? People have done that with 16:1 manual boxes.
Seems like electric ps would be a space and an engine power saver applicable to racing.
I believe that I saw a posting here on FABO that had how to information.
I’ve thought about going with an electrical ps set up but as of now I have the 20 to 1 manual box. If I were to go with the borgeston box being I have manual I would just shorten the shaft and red roll for the pin. Curious if anyone would know about the Hemi running higher power steering pressure if it was rated for the borgeson box as well.

I’ve thought about going with an electrical ps set up but as of now I have the 20 to 1 manual box. If I were to go with the borgeston box being I have manual I would just shorten the shaft and red roll for the pin. Curious if anyone would know about the Hemi running higher power steering pressure if it was rated for the borgeson box as well.
You need about 1200 psi and about 2.5gpm.
I run a divorced reservoir and a cooler. This is the key to having a system that can survive an open track event.

You need about 1200 psi and about 2.5gpm.
I run a divorced reservoir and a cooler. This is the key to having a system that can survive an open track event.
DO you by chance sell the gen 3 hemi pumps or have a source? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply..The borgeson box likes approx 1200 psi. In the photo below you can see my remote ps fluid tank. Its the one with the two hardlines on it. One is a return from the hydroboost, the other from the steering box.
The cooler is a tidy unit and has brackets on it. It comes with barb and an6 plumbing options. I use the reservoir pictured that has a -10 fill hose from the remote tank.

PS COOLER.jpg

Dart 2020 2.jpg

Saginaw Remote Reservoir.jpg

-
Back