B body steering wheel?

-

Sam_318

Reaction score
Hello was hoping someone could tell me what steering wheel I just got. Planning on adding a after market floor shifter by the end of the year in my 69 valiant. So I plan to change the steering column was looking at a flaming river one, also going to change the guages with a autometer cluster. The idea of having a new column and guages staring at me got me thinking about a new steering wheel, since the one I have is cracked and not in the best shape. Started to look at steering wheels found one that I liked and started to try to piece it together off ebay, being that the original styles are the ones I like. Found a green one In pretty good shape no cracks just green so I thought no big deal I'll sand it down and get it painted black. Well the steering wheel came Sunday and I noticed the diameter of the horn area is much bigger. So now I'm trying to figure out what steering wheel I bought and what horn cap is correct for it.
thanks in advance!
Sam.
First photo is what I'm wanting.
Second one is another steering wheel I had no clue that I even had but is cracked pretty bad.
Last two is the green one I bought and im not sure what horn cap would be correct to it.

f354c3964b5459c3f1cad56e9aba7023.jpg

20240715_155903.jpg

20240715_155857.jpg

20240715_155920.jpg

You bought a 1970 wheel, the column is larger diameter so the wheel hub is larger also.

Wrong cap on it. Takes the rubber coated cap.

D0B80B4C-07BE-4022-8D50-E488BF197F26.jpeg

FYI, the Dart and B-Bodies use the same steering wheels. The only difference being that on the Dodges it has the Dodge logo.

Alan

You bought a 1970 wheel, the column is larger diameter so the wheel hub is larger also.

Wrong cap on it. Takes the rubber coated cap.

View attachment 1716276894
Thanks! Was not aware that the diameter changed, figured it was wrong just had it on there to give everyone an idea of how much bigger it was.

Well looks like I'm just going to have to repair the blue steering wheel I have. I bought a column for $20 at a swap meet to steal the center shaft when i was swapping to power steering, that steering wheel was attached to it. Anyone have any recommendations has far as repairing the cracks? Also any recommendations for paint I do plan on going with black.

-
Back