b body transmission.

-
Hey gilberttitan hang in there someone will chime in with correct info! As far as will it bolt to ur motor yes, with a bellhousing for your motor ie bigblock or smallblock. You'll probly have to figure out where to mount your shifter or have some funky lookin bends in there lol. I dont know exactly where the shifter location is or is supposed to be. You might have to do some tunnel mods to fit it in there but not exactly sure. Everybody here seems to help with whatever, just wait for the right answer. Good luck!

I will put in my 8 cents worth. This sort of leading question, always brings 10 more, that I would ask. But first off, why did you buy a B trans with the idea of putting it into an A body. Are you not aware of the fit issues ahead of time? Without seeing the trans, I assume it was a good deal, and one that I would buy too, but know ahead that it is just a parts addition at this point. Save yourself a lot of trouble and acquire a correct A body transmission or at least a main shaft and extention housing to convert the B one. I might add this isnt that difficult a task, if you know your way around 833's.

note, I do have a large spline A extention housing.

just google a-body 833 shifter adapter and there is a diagram out there of how to make a plate that bolts in the b body location and moves it to the a body spot so that the shifter will fall in the right place. as for fitment it will come down to front bearing retainer size and if it will fit your bellhousing.

-
Back