B&M Flex plate Question

-

Valkman

Reaction score
I have a stock 360 block that I'm bolting to a 904 trans and I'm looking into aftermarket TQ's. From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) all SBM flex plates are the same (unbalanced and the needed balancing is on the converter). B&M has a PN 10239 for this application:

http://www.bmracing.com/products/10...-360-cid/?mk=43&yr=1971&md=2318&smd=&eng=5385

Which from the picture looks to have been balanced, so if this this is the case do I need a balanced convertor? I tried contacting the B&M's tech service line and they seem to be clueless about it :banghead:

SB "LA" flex. The magnum ones are different, and those engines are balanced differently

If you are running a neutral balance converter (no weights for 360) then the BM plate you referenced is the one you want

All the "LA" flexplates are the same except in possible converter bolt spacing.
Magnum flex plates are different.
360 converters are balanced on the converter from the factory. The "LA" & Magnum are balanced differently.
Go to the B&M web site and find your part.

Thanks all, that's what I figured, the tech guy I called at B&M didn't seem to know anything and he told me I'd have to use a 360 converter with it!

I have 71 LA 360 block by the way.

-
Back