B&M shift kits

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok around here it seams I can not get the Trans Go TF2 shift kit,dont ask.I can on line but I need a kit now.So I am going to go with B&M.Thing is I have no idea what year my 727 tranny is does it matter when geting the B&M kit.Could someone who has or got one or knows part numbers help me out.I would like a stage 2.

Ok I got the numbers of the side of the tranny maybe someone could decoad it and tell me what year it is and so on .PK4020571 7223 7297. 727 Tf is all I know.

If you can get the #'s from the passenger side of the tranny on the flat pad, the year is the 1st digit.

Demon 727 Tranny 014.JPG

Right down there, by the pan, on the side; can't remember, think driver side. I have 10 pages, and that # doesn't show up.

I just looked at my spare. # on the flange, just above the pan, on driver side. Under all the linkage. Where it is dirty, lol.

opps I have the last ones wrong.PK4020571 7223 7927.come on someone knowsssss something LOL.

The 7 digits after the PK are the important ones. I can't find 4020571 in anything I have. It's definitely '76 or newer though.

Let me ramble here. I bought a used, "only 13 runs on it, went to a 904, only to pick up .30 of a tenth" 727 and 3000 converter, here in North Fla. Turbo Action, i was told. Clearances and band adjustments in magic marker, on the bell.
So I called Turbo Action, and asked how can I tell what I have; supposed to be manual reverse. Talked to the woman, non of their #;s stamped on it, so they didn't build it. Crap. ( the machine shop is father and son, they used to kick azz, even campaighned Pro Stock back when it was first made a class.
So I took off the pan, clean, and found some non-factory #'s with an etcher. So I called back Turbo Action, and got Paul Forte on the phone, the owner; The man spent 30 minutes on the phone with me; asking #'s (manual reverse), what do the bands look like, etc, what clearances etc. Said it sounds like low runs. Then told me what to set clearances at, what # is on the kickdown lever, less than 5?.What color are the bands(friction material). Then said, that's our parts, but not built by us. Then proceeded to tell me what fluid to use, etc. (amsoil)

What great people. They might be worth a call.

The PK indicates that it was built at the Kokomo plant, which is where they were all built.
The next 7 digits are the assembly number, this will be listed in the appropriate year parts catalog and is used when ordering replacement parts. A number starting with 40 should be from a 76 or 77 trans. That should get you close enough when ordering your B&M kit, as they cover multiple years.

I have a list from 1967, and can't find it. But that # is close to a 6 cyl 904. Do you know how to tell the difference, by looking at the pan?

Can you look for the # on the passenger side again w/ a magnifying glass? Should be 8 digits and yes they are stamped and not embossed, so are a bit harder to see :glasses7:

Oops, looks like lrazor got it for you!

O ya its a 727 installed an oil pan gasket last year.Man this is a mistery maybe Irazor can tell me more about it,what car maybe

-
Back